• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LDG AT100 PRO tuner

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
Thought I'd ask about this....I have the chance to buy one of these for $100....you think i should go for it? Also does anyone have any testimonials on this tuner?

Thanks!

Thanks, is there any way it can be tested before hand if it's not hooked to a radio/antenna?

only way that I know of to test it would be to hook it up and see what happens....that tuner is rated for 125 watts max input

for that price I would say better get it before someone else does.

Those tuners are getting very popular,seems like I am talking to alot of people that are runn ing LDG tuners and I have yet to hear a single bad work about them...I will be getting one soon

Ok, so I picked it up. After having to spend another $20 buying the power transformer at Rat Shack, I brought it home, hooked up my ARX2B up to antenna 1, hooked the TX to the radio, plugged it in....

And now I can't figure out how to operate it to save my life.

I downloaded the owners manual from the internet and have read thru it but I still do not understand how I am supposed to use this product. The "quick start" is a bunch of bull IMO...all it basically tells me is to hook it up and turn it on. IMO the instructions are very vague and do not really get to the point.

Ok so how does a novice use this product to tune his antenna to work with my 10 meter radio so I can talk?

Thanks in advance

If you put the tuner in "Auto" mode, as soon as you generate a carrier (AM, FM) it will tune. Make sure you turn the power down to 10 watts or less just to be safe. Your rig should fold back the power if the SWR is too high vbut I don't like to rely on that.

Not sure about the AT100, but some of LDG's other tuners have CAT interface cables that automatically switch the rig's power to output, set the mode to AM and generate a carrier. Once the tuner tunes, it switches the rig back to the way it was before the tune cycle.

Love my LDG tuners. 100 bucks was a steal on that one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.