• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Led help Galaxy 949

Cct03

Sep 3, 2018
i am installing a led to back light my meter on my galaxy 949 I don’t like the stock so I bought one and was going to wire to the board where is a good location to solder the wires????

See your other thread about this and it’s frowned upon to cross post and/or start multiple threads in multiple locations for the same subject.

Welcome to the forum.

Most LED's require a series dropping resistor. Which means you need to know how many milli-amps are required and what is the maximum.

If your LED is hooked up to the positive side of the power switch and is getting around 13.8v. like the rest of the radio is, then a 680-1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor will do just fine. The resistor needs to be hooked between the positive 13.8v and the anode of the LED otherwise it will fry.

Look carefully at the inside of your LED clear lens, and you will notice that one side of it is shorter than the other. This is the positive side of the LED (the 'anode'). If you hook it up backwards, it will not work. An LED ('light emitting diode') is basically a diode, and diodes can only conduct current in one direction.

diagram.png.php

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.