• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LED lens filter source discovery

sunbulls

Apr 25, 2017
I was at the VA a few days ago for my eye exam. After your eyes are dilated they give you these temporary sunglasses so you can drive home. Looking for a lens filter to decrease the brightness of your LED display? These sunglasses are ideal. They’re not too thick and they’re easily cut to any size with a scissors. Like most stock configurations, I mount all my filters on the bezels inside. This often requires a thin yet ridged material like this. In many cases the distance between lens and the LED will not allow much thickness without them being tightly jammed together, or require an additional modification of the LED mount itself. IMO neither is desirable. Remember, you can always place these sunglasses over the front first before digging in. Maybe your CB would like to play ZZ Top, maybe not…

disposable sunglasses.JPG

I usually use the ekl cfw- flavors and have worked pretty well. Problem is the smoke color have been unavailable for a couple of years now.

Your idea is pretty good though. If you cut those sun glasses does the materials lay flat enough to adhere?

I usually use the ekl cfw- flavors and have worked pretty well. Problem is the smoke color have been unavailable for a couple of years now.

Your idea is pretty good though. If you cut those sun glasses does the materials lay flat enough to adhere?

Actually that’s a stock photo I found on-line. The ones the VA gave me are totally flat. The temple frames were even wide and flat enough to produce several lenses. Even so, those in the photo could be made flat by briefly placing the cutout in boiling water. Once warmed, simply place it between two flat surfaces to let cool.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.