• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LED Lighted Callsign Display

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
These aren't for everybody, but if you like these kinds of things this one's really nice.
I got mine for Christmas!

It's about 5" tall, cost $30 and came from www.HamCrazy.com

Works with a rechargeable battery (included) and comes with a small remote control and a USB cable for charging the battery.

Can adjust brightness (a little) and choose between fifteen different colors or have it randomly go from one to the other.

The pic doesn't do it justice. The colors are really pretty in person.

So if you have a space to fill, this might be for you.

Callsign Display.JPG Callsign Display 2.JPG

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Another cool thing about these is that if you are using an end fed antenna, when you key your mic the display lights even when it is turned off. Can't use ferrite cores, a balun or choke because that eliminates the "other half" of the antenna.
Back to the drawing board. I can hear BJ laughing right now. :whistle:

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Another cool thing about these is that if you are using an end fed antenna, when you key your mic the display lights even when it is turned off. Can't use ferrite cores, a balun or choke because that eliminates the "other half" of the antenna.
Back to the drawing board. I can hear BJ laughing right now. :whistle:

Does that end fed cause the ballasts in fluorescent lights to shudder? Or the lights to come on even when off?
iStock-164353364-1400x790[1] (2).jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated