• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LEGAL LIMIT SOLIDSTATE AMPLIFIER

sure, the only problem that folks forget to mention is the chinese tubes are NON rebuildable. I spend my money at Eimac/econco when possible,

I know the response will be "well i run my tubes light and they never will need rebuilding"

What is it that makes them non-rebuildable? I have never heard about any differances in construction etc. that makes them so. Rebuilding a tube should be pretty much universal regardless of who makes it except when the new cost is low enough that rebuilding is not a cost effective approach.

As for dependability, I would take English Electric Valve over even Eimac any day of the week. I have gotten more than twice the life from them in commercial service using 4CX250B, 3CX3000A7, and 4CX5000 tubes than I could get from Eimac even with the exact same operating parameters.

What is it that makes them non-rebuildable?

econco cannot rebuild any tube except eimac. show me another tube rebuilder, and better yet show me one that rebuilds the chinese tubes... I can save the google time, there isnt one. Thats what makes it non rebuildbable. The company in china wont rebuild them.
ask me how I know... I had a chinese employee call and they have no R&R service.

As a for instance a 3cx3000a7 can be had from econco for $750. I can buy a chinese for $689... not reason enough to make the jump.

that may well be the case but either way I will not buy chinese tubes for the above mentioned reason. they arent rebuildable. end of story

Since Econco will not rebuild the Eimac 8877, it too is a non-rebuildable tube. So it comes down to $600 for a Chinese tube or $1075 for an Eimac. I believe that I wll keep on using $600.00 tubes that are giving good service. I have no need for a larger tube, new or rebuilt, all I can legally run is 1500 watts.

econco cannot rebuild any tube except eimac. show me another tube rebuilder, and better yet show me one that rebuilds the chinese tubes... I can save the google time, there isnt one. Thats what makes it non rebuildbable. The company in china wont rebuild them.
ask me how I know... I had a chinese employee call and they have no R&R service.

As a for instance a 3cx3000a7 can be had from econco for $750. I can buy a chinese for $689... not reason enough to make the jump.

I think I see the differance. The word "cannot" should be replaced by the word "won't". Since Econco is owned by CPI and CPI owns Eimac then it stands to reason that Econco WON'T rebuild any other tube than Eimac. It's not so much a case of not possible but rather that they won't do it. The only thing that makes it not possible is company policy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.