• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lester is at it again! What is called when you perform work that is not needed?

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011

Yes because this little radio really needs Max-Mod voltage regulator upgrade. It is right up their with putting a Ferrari V10 in your riding lawn mower to cut the grass! LOL

I am waiting for him or Snake to install 2X Max-Mods, 2x Palomar 9530's and 2x audio ic's in a Cobra or Galaxy 959 or the like!

Then they can put them on a meter swinging something stupid like 200 watts and make a video about it! LOL

Maybe he should shoehorn a HG2879 into that SR94 he could mount it right to the heat sink! LOL

I feel like this should be an episode of Seinfeld or maybe the 3 Stooges! LOL

.... It is right up their with putting a Ferrari V10 in your riding lawn mower to cut the grass! LOL ....

A lawn mower with a Ferrari V10 would be ridiculous all right. Everyone knows the Lamborghini V10 is the one you want in your riding lawnmower, they did start out building tractors so they have more relevant experience after all.;)

A lawn mower with a Ferrari V10 would be ridiculous all right. Everyone knows the Lamborghini V10 is the one you want in your riding lawnmower, they did start out building tractors so they have more relevant experience after all.;)
Well, I am ok with an Audi V10 just as long as it is not a Volkswagen W16! LOL Wonder how long a V10 would operate with the tiny fuel tank most riding lawn mowers have? LOL Be even worse than those custom motorcycles that have tiny fuel tanks for cosmetics!

No way the SR94 can dissipate enough heat from it's final to need a Max Mod. It also violates my rules for upgrades. It is fine to upgrade apart but not for the sake of more power out. Upgrades to the radio chassis should be confined to enhanced durability, stability, and cooler operation. If you want more power stick a linear in line. Not in the radio, not hanging off the back of the radio! In line in a separate location with its own power leads. Heat is bad and heat inside the radio is even worse!

Please, the V10 from a Dodge Viper. American muscle for American lawns!
Ya....Not so much. The Viper is based on the old LA series V8's. No what Daimler Chyrsler then now Fiat Chrysler should have done is take the 4.7L V8 added 2-4 cylinders and a flat plane crank. Now that they have the 6.3 Hellcat Hemi some derivative of that would make sense. Maybe doing some sort of compound drive system with G-Lader type supercharger and turbo system. I am not a fan of turbochargers on daily drivers but on a Super Car, I am fine with it. Supercharging makes more sense in the American marketplace. I am also not a fan of the Eaton supercharger systems we see the USA . Not the best way to package a supercharger on a car takes up a lot of space right on top of the engine/

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.