• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LFAN'S OF THE GE SUPER BASE MIGHT ENJOY THIS

Stellasarat

Sep 17, 2013
Check out this very low serial number GE Super Base. Very interesting to see what was most likely the first chassis design before GE got the bug's out. The rigs serial number is 62. It was sent to Mike of Mikesradiorepair@gmail.com.

Once again I'm having difficulty, to say the least downloading and sharing the clip. Check out mike's YouTube channel.. MikesRadioRepair on YouTube.

What is ever rarer about this radio, is that it works

Real stinkers from what I've been told by reliable sources . . .

I agree Robb. I've never liked them myself, but so many do. They sell quick on eBay and usually for big money. Probably for nostalgic reasons. They made and sold so many of them, I'm sure that many CB operators who owned them when they were kids just want something that reminds them of that time in their life. I thought it was interesting to see how ge brought the process along from the earliest super bases to the ones that soon came after. I thought the process of getting the bugs out was interesting. Thanks for sharing the clip that I was unable to. I don't have Wi-Fi and I'm still trying to figure out how to save videos and the like to my drive without Wi-Fi. Thanks again Robb.

I agree. I just thought it was interesting to see how GE designed and produced this rig as they went along. The early ones obviously had bugs that needed to be worked out. I guess what's rare about it is that instead of scrapping it GE decided to do the repairs needed and got it back to the customer instead of sending them a brand new one. 1 with the bugs worked out of it already. I think that most people who buy these probably buy them for nostalgia reasons. They sell fairly quick on eBay and for good money. I've heard two of them on the air. Both either sounded ok on ssb and poor on AM or the other way around, and both owners had issues with them constantly. I don't have Wi-Fi and I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to save videos and the like to my drive without the use of Wi-Fi. Thanks for sharing the clip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated