• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lids on lsb and am

n0zna

Digital master
Nov 3, 2008
Missouri south of St Louis
Anyone else been bugged by amer and lsb on 10mtrs?Its been bad...i cant get over them,on everyday.AMers and lsb on 10mtrs all the time,and even more so with the cw part of the band.And long r beeps and echos.Was on Thursday and they just came in when all my frends where on and they where on lsb,and r beeps.73 de n0zna

What is even worst then a rb is the idiot on 7.188 that runs his BIG amp and over 12kc wide that wipes out the net you are trying to work... And many ask him to turn it down because he is causing splatter his responce is GET A BETTER RECIEVER ! And continues his crap

friggin IDIOTS

Reactions: 2 people
was on 11mtrs for the 1st time in weeks,and didnt miss anything...like a soap opera,miss a week and its the same old stuff...a guy brupping,and another echo so high couldnt understand him,and another fussing because he had to answer the phone,hehe ch 28 in my area...

my best times on 11 meter are mostly SSB mode, at night between 9 and 11 when the skip starts to leave and the locals get on. the skip usually fades in and out and we get 'guest' from far far away. during the day its just one big pile up, QRM, or that brabrabrateenfeeerauuudioooo overmodulated illegible crap, or maybe just burping. too much skip. unless you have a killer location or beams you'll have a time in hell getting out without power.
alot of people round here "hide", the alpha channels, a few channels up, FM, even some old guys who talk between channels on SSB, and were quite surprised when i dropped in on them, but welcomed me to the qso.

I just need to convince all the lids to get ham tickets so they leave 11 meters alone. bwhaahhaha!

Reactions: 1 person
love lids,the world would be boring with out them,and the funny things they ay...love listening to the criminal band,one the other days said he couldnt figure why his swr went down when he modulated his signal...and another said his amp was hissing everytime he keyed up and wonder if 110 wtts into maverick 250 was to much...

The gene pool is thinning out boys. It's only going to get worse on CB and Amateur Radio. Actually the would in general is turning into a cesspool of idiots. Welcome to the future!!

Reactions: 2 people
my best times on 11 meter are mostly SSB mode, at night between 9 and 11 when the skip starts to leave and the locals get on. the skip usually fades in and out and we get 'guest' from far far away. during the day its just one big pile up, QRM

the ch 38 locals aren't on by 9pm here. they get up early & start the usual crapola....you're 50hz too high, his 75 hz too low, i know i'm dead on 'cause i tuned up to wwwv last month, you can't be on 'cause kenwood had my radio for 2 months last year & said I'M dead on....then they move onto...how's this mic....how 'bout this one....no....lemme try this....& if i turn up the echo a tad, my audio gets way louder....and OMG here comes the skip....OMG....it's been CA for the last 2 weeks, & TX before that....it's mid may, why am i hearing GA....OMG when will the skip go away....every spring why do i get GA.....OMG i wish the skip would go away....OMG it's so nosiy i can barely hear your dx1600 from 3 miles away, you're hitting me with 60 pounds & the skip is hitting me with 9 pounds.....OMG.....OMG....OMG....OMG.....OMG

i love turing on the cb to see how long i can stand it before i have to go to 10 or 6 or 20 or anywhere :)
as for LSB on 10m, yup, have heard it from ADVANCED class licenses who wonder why everybody on 10m uses USB. I LOVE IT ;)

... have heard it from ADVANCED class licenses who wonder why everybody on 10m uses USB...

Gee, I dunno about that.

its not the best idea, but, it is perfectly legal.

the ONLY band where USB/LSB usage is regulated by the FCC is 60 meters

its just a agreement,2/6/10/12/15/20 all use usb lsb on 40/75-80 and 160mtrs...but ya have the lids,and i love to wax them everynow and then....had a few on am the other day speaking spanish with one having a five beep echo just jump on freq at 20db...so i keeyyyeed up[ about 10 time with my echo hehehe he went beep beep beep then laughed,and said to frend qsy to 27950am hehehe

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated