• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Limited post views?

Nothing against the op, but I think it is humorous that someone actually complained about it.

It isn't an uncommon practice, at least here you got to see some of the stuff beforehand, unlike some forums that require you have access to even take a look and see what they offer.

At one point I was in the same circumstance, I created an account immediately upon running out of free views, and have benefited and hopefully benefited others because of it.

The DB

Reactions: 1 person
I read plenty of topics before I signed up here. I have been a member of a couple other radio forums for many years now. I enjoy it here, and spend most of my online forum time at this site. I have really enjoyed the honest reviews of equipment, and I've never been warned for saying the truth about equipment that I have posted about here. (Or had my post deleted by a moderator). That cannot be said for other sites I have participated on.

I think the only site I am aware of that lets you read all their content without joining is eham, and I know you can get a "digest" version of the Drake list. But, that's ham stuff. As far as CB sites go, I am not aware of any that let you view their content without joining. Personally, I don't see it as a big deal to register. I've never been spammed or harassed from this site, and you can lurk forever if that is what you want to do.

RT307

Most of the cb sites here in the uk let you lurk as long as you wish,therefore by the time many do feel confident of joining they have aquired a bit of knowledge,realised who the shitetalkers are and ask fewer dumbass questtions when they do give input and are generally familiar with the sites main players both good and bad.

There's no financial motivation on uk web sites (yet) let's hope to god it stays that way as those who invest in US sites have a tendency of getting away with pish talking for much longer than we tolerate here in the uk.

Bottom line is you either come to a cb forum for one of three things, to help others,to learn yourself, or to flatter your own ego, I'd much rather someone genuinely seeking to learn, copies and pastes in his own records anything I or others more knowledgeable than me have written and use it to clean up the airwaves, than listen to some egotistical prick who will never ever learn because his pal the local rig doctor told him from some destruction manual that some bullshit is gospel and he comes on here arguing with those who obviously know more than said jedhead and makes it even harder for the genuine to wade through bullshit to learn, plus its a pain in my rectum having my mobile constantly telling me to log in when I just want a quick catch up.

There's enough dickhead sites in the usa, this is one if not the only one that isn't,its about time we stopped forcing people to join,and to expect back everything you give out just mesmerises me, the guy who taught me about radio back when I was 14 only learned how to be a cheeky wee bastard frtom me, he asked for nowt in return and taught me loads,why ? Just because he could and hopefully I wouldn't be as cheeky a wee cunt worldwide and embarrass my country as I was to the bellends in my city on AM/FM who I ripped apart nightly for a laugh, he succeeded, I was one of the most successful dx'ers at 15/16 in my city and was a good ambasadeur for the scottish dx group even though with my huge signal and ego I was a total cunt at home,through his early teachings I developed a love of multi cultures whilst living in a city baptised in sectarian hatred. If someone steals my ideas, I hope they improve on it and get as much or more than I did from it, its my way of giving back to a hobby that gave me soi much in my darkest hours/days/weeks/years/decades,pmsl.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.