• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linc 2 plus ghost

Ziploc

Mar 19, 2016
Linc 2 plus owners , weird stuff going on when Un keying the radio with running power channel changes down 1 own it’s own? Doesn’t always happen but does it enough to drive me nuts. Stray RF ? Any help appreciated

Are you using the stock microphone? If not, try it with the stock microphone and see if you have the same issue.

Reactions: Ziploc
I’m not sure it did it stock . The only thing I noticed with the stock mic is that there was a lot of times a delay after key up to talk. The Skythumper mic on there now is worse

I had an issue with a aftermarket microphone on keyup it would change the channel every once in a while. Didn't happen with the stock microphone. Rewired the mic again and didn't have any problems after, so not sure in my case if a stray wire stand was hitting the up/down pins or what.

I'd test out the stock microphone and see if it happens at all, then you can determine if it's an issue with RF or just that particular aftermarket microphone.

I also had a delay issue with e RCI2950DX a while back and a aftermarket microphone. I believe it was solved with a resistor someplace. There was a thread on here about it years ago.

Reactions: Ziploc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.