• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lincoln II + question

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
is there a pot or whatever to get the swr meter simply close to right?
only complaint on mine so far it shows swr at 1,1 to 1 till you go to a band way out of the antennas setting n shows suprhigh then shuts off transmitt till you key up again.
i never trust a built in meter but if set close it could raise reason to hook up known good meter and check the antenna.

Here's the service manual that may help.

There is a hidden service menu on those radio's. If I remember correctly, hold the up/down buttons at power on to acess it and scroll through the menu and see if there is a SWR calibration setting.
Simply use the VFO knob to change values.

Be sure to note values on any adjustments in the service menu because I don't recall if there are default settings.

Check you tube videos for better information on the hidden service menu acess.

Good luck!

Attachments

• service-manual-lincoln-ii-gg-23-03-2015.pdf
    9.3 MB · Views: 52
it shows swr at 1,1 to 1 till you go to a band way out of the antennas setting n shows suprhigh then shuts off transmitt till you key up again.
Sounds like it's working just as it should to me or I'm missing something. If you're going to a band beyond the antenna's bandwidth and not re-tuning the antenna the radio is doing exactly what you want it to. Adjusting the SWR meter display won't change the issue.

If I misread your post then nevermind................

Sounds like it's working just as it should to me or I'm missing something. If you're going to a band beyond the antenna's bandwidth and not re-tuning the antenna the radio is doing exactly what you want it to. Adjusting the SWR meter display won't change the issue.

If I misread your post then nevermind................

you did,no matter the band swr stays the same. id like it to be kinda close so if things go awol i will notice n use my meter n check it out

Here's the service manual that may help.

There is a hidden service menu on those radio's. If I remember correctly, hold the up/down buttons at power on to acess it and scroll through the menu and see if there is a SWR calibration setting.
Simply use the VFO knob to change values.

Be sure to note values on any adjustments in the service menu because I don't recall if there are default settings.

Check you tube videos for better information on the hidden service menu acess.

Good luck!
looked n seen no adjustment . guess im gonna ignor it unless somebody has reset 1

Thanks for the SM guys...

Here's the help you might need...

To help understand this, the SWR meter checks RF reflected compared to RF Power going out.

The old days, the SWR meter use "resistors" as part of a trim network for it's "balanced bridge" design - you simply read the difference across the bridge.

Todays? The SWR meter uses Capacitance to provide the "shunt" effect.

The more the shunt - less reflected power is "seen"

You change the amount of capacitance to change the amount of RF "sensed" by the meter system - larger capacitance means more RF power is carried across it.
1648254971923.png
So to provide a way "out" TC1 a variable cap is used to provide a level of "shunt" to ground - so the SWR Reflected has to pass this cap to get to the meter. If the capacitor values are big, more RF is shunted AWAY from the meter - keeping the SWR showing LOW (or too low to be safe). To change or reverse this, you make the shunt capacitor small - Making TC1 smaller - less power is shunted away - so the SWR meter sees a larger REFLECTION value - and shutdown occurs if it is too great.

To make the SWR "correct" you install a 25Ω or 75Ω ohm load across the antenna connector and key up in full power mode - and set TC1 to show a 1:1.7 SWR.
1648255042783.png
Those menu options are "iffy" at best guess - use at your own risk.

When you locate TC 1 - you have two options...
One 1648255328641.png
Remove it - which is turning off the SWR feature
OR
Solder a short across "R238" resistor - forcing capacitor C39 and TC1 to shunt more REFLECTED RF power to ground - some will still go display at the meter
but the effectiveness will be a LOT less.

Last edited:
Thanks for the SM guys...

Here's the help you might need...

To help understand this, the SWR meter checks RF reflected compared to RF Power going out.

The old days, the SWR meter use "resistors" as part of a trim network for it's "balanced bridge" design - you simply read the difference across the bridge.

Todays? The SWR meter uses Capacitance to provide the "shunt" effect.

The more the shunt - less reflected power is "seen"

You change the amount of capacitance to change the amount of RF "sensed" by the meter system - larger capacitance means more RF power is carried across it.
So to provide a way "out" TC1 a variable cap is used to provide a level of "shunt" to ground - so the SWR Reflected has to pass this cap to get to the meter. If the capacitor values are big, more RF is shunted AWAY from the meter - keeping the SWR showing LOW (or too low to be safe). To change or reverse this, you make the shunt capacitor small - Making TC1 smaller - less power is shunted away - so the SWR meter sees a larger REFLECTION value - and shutdown occurs if it is too great.

To make the SWR "correct" you install a 25Ω or 75Ω ohm load across the antenna connector and key up in full power mode - and set TC1 to show a 1:1.7 SWR.
Those menu options are "iffy" at best guess - use at your own risk.

When you locate TC 1 - you have two options...
One View attachment 58171
Remove it - which is turning off the SWR feature
OR
Solder a short across "R238" resistor - forcing capacitor C39 and TC1 to shunt more REFLECTED RF power to ground - some will still go display at the meter
but the effectiveness will be a LOT less.
last nite it decided to do something odd.jumped freqs and now i have no 11 meters.im calling where i bought it n shipping it back.let them deal with it under warrenty

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
odd thing i read how to reset everything n i got it back working except the high vswr protection

last nite it decided to do something odd.jumped freqs and now i have no 11 meters.im calling where i bought it n shipping it back.let them deal with it under warrenty
You might call them first. Many places state right in their policy that all warranty work gets shipped by you to the factory authorized repair shop. In most cases this is not where you bought the radio.

Reactions: Rwb and Crawdad
I have spoken to a guy that has the latest version of this radio, and he was not exactly happy with it overall. He stated to the effect that he would rather run an Anytone AT-5555 v6 all day long. He got stuck with the Lincoln and put it in one of his trucks.

they surfaced yesterday.ship it back,no phone call just email. id kinda like to ask couple questions cause might trade it off if im shipping it back. never had a galaxy act up in less than a month. ive used a 33,66,and 99v with little trouble

Reactions: Eldorado828
I have an elastic band, when I stretch it too far it breaks. I have gone through several elastic bands now, and I don't understand what the problem is, why my elastic bands don't perform to my specifications. Is there something I can do to modify the limits of the elastic band, regardless of physics? Edit: Is there something I can do to pretend nothing is wrong, that the elastic band is not about to break?

Here's the link to the engineering menu. Don't recall anything about SWR in there. It's good for fine tuning frequency for side band etc though. Think up/down/band boot gets you there. Band is the memory "burn" button to save settings.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
they surfaced yesterday.ship it back,no phone call just email. id kinda like to ask couple questions cause might trade it off if im shipping it back. never had a galaxy act up in less than a month. ive used a 33,66,and 99v with little trouble
I had a Lincoln 2 plus for a very short while and for me, I just did like the radio. After running the quad 6 for so long, the Lincoln just didn't stack up. I think my mind was made up before even receiving the radio. There was nothing wrong with it, worked ok and maybe I just didn't give it a chance.

My completely biased opinion so no real value to the words.....

That said, that Lincoln should have lasted better than a month.

Reactions: Tom Line and Rwb
I had a Lincoln 2 plus for a very short while and for me, I just did like the radio. After running the quad 6 for so long, the Lincoln just didn't stack up. I think my mind was made up before even receiving the radio. There was nothing wrong with it, worked ok and maybe I just didn't give it a chance.

My completely biased opinion so no real value to the words.....

That said, that Lincoln should have lasted better than a month.
i messed with it n got it set like it was .did lots of innertube searching. i think the mic is the culpret but i can only get an emale saying ship it back 3 week waiting list to repair. might swap it off n wash my hands of it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.