• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lincoln II +v3 or Anytone 5555+ v6 (not n)

Enterprise312ok

Jun 12, 2022
I really like the look and layout of the anytone more, but my local shop has the lincoln.
Also have any members used cw mode on theses radios? I am thinking of getting my ticket and learning morse one of these days. I talk a lot of sideband and am and would like to have the fm also. from my reaserch the lincoln 2 has more frequency range in the 12 meter band than the anytone.
I have found the anytone for
$214 delivered at anderson radio supply. It will be about $100 more for the lincoln but I like to buy local when I can.

Reactions: Rwb and undertaker

I have the 5555 V6 for nearly a year and I love it. I love it even more after adding the second missing AM/FM filter. I have not messed around with CW on it though. They need to be tuned slightly though to keep the radio from tamping your modulation down if it tries to peak too high as far as wattage is concerned. I see around 50-55 watts pep out of the unit I have.

I don't have a regular 5555 but do have a quad 6 and 5555n. I owned a Lincoln 2+ for a brief moment within the last year and the president lacked in performance. For me and it's my opinion, both quad 5n and quad 6 did far better on the air.

Just my opinion

Last edited:
I just got the last 7900v from Scott’s radios…
Please report on it when you get it on the air! Mine should arrive later this week.
I just wish ranger didint suck I really dont like any of these digital radios, but I want a new radio so choices are limited.
Unfortunately ranger has few that are worthy anymore. It seems their focus is on building hot rod radios with dynamite for finals... We all like powa, but it needs to be stable and reliable powa.

I've got an x9 that looks cool and from what others report is pretty stable but the amplifier makes me nervous. It gets warm, really warm and really fast. I've not put it on the air much because I'm afraid she might blow! I believe my ranger made days are over and can't in good faith recommend them to anyone. Just look around the forum and it's evident that Rangers like to cook mosfets. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Reactions: undertaker
Unfortunately ranger has few that are worthy anymore. It seems their focus is on building hot rod radios with dynamite for finals... We all like powa, but it needs to be stable and reliable powa.

I've got an x9 that looks cool and from what others report is pretty stable but the amplifier makes me nervous. It gets warm, really warm and really fast. I've not put it on the air much because I'm afraid she might blow! I believe my ranger made days are over and can't in good faith recommend them to anyone. Just look around the forum and it's evident that Rangers like to cook mosfets. Ain't nobody got time for that!
I was going to buy an x9 from my local shop but It lacks too many features and I dont need the light show or cooling fans in my radio, fm cw mode fine/course clarifier is what I am looking for.
Anytone aint getting off the hook though build a hot rod radio like the 5555n and plug the mic in with ethernet cable. Whats up with that?

I have the x9 but very seldom use it. Got it from Walcott radio had to send it to superior cb to make it right.. Walcott can’t tune a radio for shit!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Enterprise312ok
I was going to buy an x9 from my local shop but It lacks too many features and I dont need the light show or cooling fans in my radio, fm cw mode fine/course clarifier is what I am looking for.
Anytone aint getting off the hook though build a hot rod radio like the 5555n and plug the mic in with ethernet cable. Whats up with that?
There's ham rigs that also use the rj45 connector and although it's kind of annoying, the radios just work and do very well. Hot rod? Higher power maybe but not a hot rod like the rangers with built in 4 or 8 mosfet amplifiers. RT1 mosfets..... Nah.....The quad 6 uses the same style final section as the newer 5555n2. One quad 6 has been in service for several years now and that dude is an ssb talker.. Are they the perfect radio? No, they have flaws too. But a step up from rci in the quality department.

Maybe more like a fine asian spors cart than a hot rod, subaru lets say. I do really like the look of the 5555+ if they slaped a big analog meter meter like a galaxy on it it would be perfect. View attachment 59976
I can't disagree about that big galaxy meter! The good o'l Big Radio days of the 99v with bipolar transistors and big meter. As o'l @Slowmover Would say, the world renowned Side-Mic

That 5555 plus is a good one too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.