• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linking a Repeater with the ID-31A

kc0zps

May 18, 2009
How do I link another repeater using DV mode?
For example, I want to link Denver (W0CDS) to Colorado Springs (KC0CVU B).

I assume I just can't select "TO:->Gateway CQ->USA West->Colorado Springs" because the call sign settings become :

UR:/KC0CVUB
R1:W0CDS B
R2:W0CDS G
MY:KC0ZPS /ID31

The UR is wrong. Shouldn't it be "KC0CVUBL"? The only way I can get this setting is to manually type it in :

"TO:->Direct Input (UR)->KC0CVUBL"

Is this the correct way?

Also, once linked, what should the UR be changed to?

Using the DSTAR calculator at DSTAR Web Calculator - D-STAR Info, I get the following:

<table class="style1" title="Results"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">Programming for linking from W0CDS (port DV B) to KC0CVU (port DV B) </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> YOUR::</td> <td> KC0CVUBL </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> RPT1:</td> <td> W0CDS▪▪B </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> RPT2:</td> <td> W0CDS▪▪G </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> Set Radio To:</td> <td> 446.9625 MHz Offset -5.0000 MHz </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"> "▪" represents a space </td></tr></tbody></table>
Talk away, then to unlink:

<table class="style1" title="Results"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">Programming for unlinking W0CDS (port DV Bfrom anything. </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> YOUR::</td> <td> ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪U </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> RPT1:</td> <td> W0CDS▪▪B </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> RPT2:</td> <td> W0CDS▪▪G </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="width: 50%" align="right"> Set Radio To:</td> <td> 446.9625 MHz Offset -5.0000 MHz </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"> "▪" represents a space </td></tr></tbody></table>
Let us know how it works for you.

Thanks Moleculo. Thats what I thought. I ended up using the D-Star calculator but was hoping there was a method via just the radio to determine the linking repeater information.

Anyway, I've had this radio for over a week now and I am really enjoying it! We have two 70cm D-Star repeaters in my area, so I've been able to chat with several people around the world using this digital mode so far.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.