• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Liquid linear"

nobody

Apr 4, 2011
Seen this on another forum. I'm starting wonder if he's joking. :D

"We did have a lot of rain yesterday and my best guess is that the rain saturated the ground and my three ground rods got plugged into the underground liquid linear below the house (earth saturated with seawater). The only other possibility would be EMP or solar flare bending the stratosphere down to meet me."

it's has no amplifying effect . but keeping the ground moist around your ground rods can help .

Special Publications | Technical Publication #31

"Keep the earth around the rod wet as often as possible to increase effectiveness and dissipation capability"

"The only other possibility would be EMP ...... "
LMBFAO !!!!!

EMP would fry all their equipment , not make his signal stronger . :whistle:
but maybe a nuclear bomb went off near his 20 :LOL:(y)

he was either joking or went to the cool breeze cb radio academy . :D

Around these parts the hillbillies think that alcohol is liquid linear
alcoholic.gif

Last edited:
Erase "ar" from that word and you got it.
- 'Doc

(Don't be silly, nobody stores them kind'a liquids in the ground. Under it maybe, but not -in- it. Ruins the flavor!)

Seen this on another forum. I'm starting wonder if he's joking. :D

"We did have a lot of rain yesterday and my best guess is that the rain saturated the ground and my three ground rods got plugged into the underground liquid linear below the house (earth saturated with seawater). The only other possibility would be EMP or solar flare bending the stratosphere down to meet me."

I am often amazed at the dumb ideas some people have.

Pure snake oil....

Kind of like the SWR grease I am willing to sell...just wipe it on your antenna and the signal will just slide right off it ... :p

Personally I use Amsoil synthetic swr grease, you only have to change it every 25,000 keys!

Reactions: 1 person
Here's some more replies of his after I tired to help him:
"I searched the web a little for more insight into "liquid linear" ground plane.

Here's pic of a couple of guys trying to make it work:
http://www.chem.hawaii.edu/uham/hiqrp5p.html"
"Here's a sailing article about using the sea as a ground plane for boats with HF radios: http://www.kp44.org/ftp/SeawaterGrou...GordonWest.pdf
They have included some test results for different methods. They found that the best ground plane was a direct (wet) connection to the seawater. (Page 2)"

An this one is the latest! :D
"Last night I was thinking about a conversation that I once had with a guy who used to live on a sailboat. He said that he used a CB Radio to communicate with people on land. He was the person that told me about the liquid linear effect.

Thinking back on my antenna install. My ground rods are 8 feet long. I filled the holes with salt before I drove the rods to their final depth. Technically That means when my soil is saturated, My rods are submerged in saltwater all the way down to the surface aquifer, which is probably also salty most of the year."

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.