• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lisning now 27.610 for forum members

27.54 up to 28 Mhz is allocated to Govt M0bile in the US. You won't hear much from the USA except for illegal activity on 27.610.

How is the 27Mhz band allocated in Holland? Just curious.

hi there,

Original in Holland its 26,965-27.405
Since a while we are able to use all modes.

The main calling frequenties and mode remains ch 14 27.125 FM for base stations
And trucks at 27.185 (fm)

There is quite some European DX going on around 27.315 (ch 31/32/33) also in FM

We are still getting used to USB which has been allowed only the last years.

The focus remains on FM cause thats what it "normally" was.

Some have found out the US is on 27.385 Lsb...but if the prop is open that good as it was today (which happens quite often last couple months) Its not fun to call there.
You have actually so many stations returning the call its difficult to pick on out.

AM modulation hasnt been discovered (yet).

There are many many DXers who all have the focus around 27.555 say 27.4-27.8 Mhz
With the primairy aspect between 27.4-27.6 Mhz in USB.
It is not legal, but if you dont cause QRM ....well...it seems the radio police thankfully have other things to do, which is wise cause most "dxers" become or are HAM.

Almost forgot... in the UK there is a band from 27.661,25 to 27.991.25 (10kHz spacing)
in FM. Its only allowed in the UK as far as i know but it will give you US guys a good indication if the band is open or not (since the UK often comes in first in the US).

Take care!

Henry 19SD348

HPSD Antenna systems
All about antennas

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, as I am entitled mine.

I think that one not necessarily have to leave the 11m band just because one gets their ticket.

Since CB is a privilege and Ham is a license privilege; there is NO reason why one cannot continue to do both. IMO, they can, could, and even should. Maintaining and occupying these spaces is one sure way to lobby those who may be lobbying against us. Those who lobby in their hope to selling these frequencies for commercial gain. Radio is just one more freedom to hang on to and protect. If operators occupy and use the freeband because the gov't no longer uses it doesn't equate to squatters rights. But in another sense, it can and might looked at that way.

I see and regard the Ham and CBer as equals, separated only by a license.

Didn't hear much on .610 today; not hearing much of Europe yet.
But I am checking for it every day . . .

Reactions: 1 person
im with you on that...

Thats why i said become or are ham :)

Thinking about it...thats probarbly "the" statement of any fanatic 11 meter Dxer.
They dont care...they just love the band...

ps.. robb, i have missed you on the band now for a while
(havent been that active either though)
The band seemed in a pritty good shape today!
Hope we catch up soon.

Kind regards,

Henry

most use that
Freq part of the freeband...... I never heard any gov on it been on it for years
I started using 27.415 up to 27.645 in 1975 (just like the hundreds of other people) and no one around this area has ever heard any other government communications in that portion................

Fast forward to present day; still nothing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.