• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Listen to WebSDR or Purchase the Gear and Use My Antennas???

Pilot87178d

Jan 17, 2021
Sitting here cruising the 'net for a WebSDR rig to hook up to a 70 ft long-wire and an Alpha-Delta Sloper.

Listening to the Enschede WebSDR site in the Netherlands near the German Border and grooving on what appears to be a Belgian music station on 1634 khz. Coming in strong and clean! Usually, I use NA5B located just north of Washington., DC. but, of course, that antenna cannot give the "local" performance of one that is stationed so close to the source.

So, the key question: why would I purchase the equipment when the eSDR environment is so rich in content and ease of use?

Perhaps for the same reason I still use an ICOM R-75, Drake R8-A and a Kenwood 5000 to tune around on the antennas mentioned above? In fact, I leave the digital filter "Off" on the R-75 b/c I like the softer signal.

Your thoughts?

Thx!
Marc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.