• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Locals on 38 LSB as home channel. Help!

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
I need some advice. I am having an issue with some locals here who consider 38LSB their home channel and talk over everything including all skip. I have asked nicely why they would use a known dx calling channel as their home channel and was told that they have been using this channel for years and that if I didn't like it to find a different channel or turn my radio off because they are not moving channels. I know I'm getting out but all I can receive is them talking about their desired chit chat. What do I do? Nothing illegal and I guess being nice to them isn't going to work either. Any ideas?:mad:

Not a lot you can do.
When the band is open, there is usually traffic on 35/36/37/38/39/40, best thing to do is call on one of the other channels, you might be surprised, often you will find someone hanging out on the other ones because the traffic is too heavy on 38.
I hear stations from the south pacific on 35 USB when the band is open.
Good Luck.

Jeff

Stations out of Mexico talk on 38 AM. Of course, you know that one too well - eh C2?

In the Bay Area of CA, we use 38LSB as our home channel. We do it because we want to catch the first skip that pops up. It then changes to taking turns talking skip. And we also look over other channels; as Australia often comes in on 35LSB.

Guess you have some guys that don't know you. I would ry to get to know them; because you are going to have to talk to them sooner or later. My advice is to be as diplomatic as you can. Who knows; some of them may become friends before long. Made lots of friends that way on 38LSB here in CA. Lots . . .

I tried asking why but the response ticked me off. I bit my tongue and didn't get ignorant as I realized a few of them sounded like older gentlemen and I was trying to be nice but they claim they are about 15-20 miles from my base and they are talking with some high power as they bleed from 38 LSB through from 35-40 on all modes but am is the worst. 1 of them pegs my needle on 38 LSB to 60+ DB and gives me about 9 DB on 35 or 40 AM. They start talking around 4pm nightly just as I am getting home from work and this continues until about 11 pm. :sad:

what you are going to have to do is that talking didnt work you will have to spend a little money and pump it up and blead them back.show them that you give what they give if you have a beam point it strait down there stovepipe and start talking get you some one that is lose to you and then power up all you got and start talking,some people think they are bad and can do what ever they want to show them that there is a new dog on this hunt and ill say they will back down and start to work something out with you and if all els fails call in uncle charlie(fcc) that will make them think twice before they do that agin.i hat cb bullies THEY DO NOT OWN THERE FREQUENCYS AND EVERY BODY HAS A RITE TO TALK.let me know how this turns out

273 snowman in ky
aka
hoskinmage

I kinda understand your problem .. I drive about 80 miles round trip a day. I use channel 19 to get info and give info when asked. However there are 3 locals that seem to think because they got base stations they can chit chat about what ever they want on channel 19. Ive asked politely ive been angry ween ive spoken to them and to no avail. One conversation between the two was about their dog crapping on their floor.

As far as locals on 38 chit chatting. only way I see u getting around it is switch to another channel when they are on. or play the power game and key up when they are on... but IMO that is being stupid. Just find another channel and let life carry on.

One persorn can not change an idiot... Because it take an entire village to raise one.

I actually heard them talking tonight about their weekly coffee meeting and where and when. I'm thinking about showing up there and meeting them in person and trying to play nice. If not then my 500 watt X-Force is getting hooked back up along with my Sirio SY27-3. As far as the FCC I prefer not to get them involved in my life/area of the world. And someone mentioned getting licensed....I just don't see it ever happening.:eek:

Why would the FCC give a crap, CB DX is against the rules past 150 miles so if it weren't for the 500 watt amplifiers, they would be in the right.

Here 38LSB is the local channel at night still, and during the 9 or 10 years we dont have sunspot activity its all local. Alot of them complain about skip too, so try calling CQ on 37 or 39, or any of the upper channels.

Some of the locals also hide on 27.380, myself included, 5 khz down from 38. Its fun talking 80 miles on groundwave sometimes.

Not that I would ever actively discourage people from a channel, but if someone caused enough grief to encourage them to switch to a different freq, it may be better for all concerned.

Wanna borrow a nasty c-band amp and a noise toy ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.