• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Log book setup?

338_MtRushmore

Jun 17, 2012
The Dakotas
What do you all run for log books? It is much more fun to run a base and write down some info. Do you just use a blank notebook, or a spreadsheet? I'm just trying to figure out the most efficient method of documentation before I get too deep.

You know I was thinking the very same question and I wonder if there is an app on the phone that can do this
What do you all run for log books? It is much more fun to run a base and write down some info. Do you just use a blank notebook, or a spreadsheet? I'm just trying to figure out the most efficient method of documentation before I get too deep.

I use CQRlog and import and export to EQSL and LOTW.

new_qso.png

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
If you are stepping into the Amateur world soon, there are plenty of logging programs. Most are free but there are some good paid ones. N1MM logger is a free popular one. I use Ham Radio Deluxe which is a paid one. This has full radio control, DX clusters, logging program, and digital modes operation along with remote servers so I can run my radio using my laptop anywhere I have internet connection.

Most of these logging programs have rig control integrated software so it will automatically populate a lot of the information from your radio's data and info from the DX cluster spot so all you do is click on a DX spot, and your radio changes to that frequency. After the QSO just hit the save button and the QSO is logged with accurate data such as call signs, band, frequency, mode ,time, date, etc. From there most logging programs let you send this data to other log files if you want to collect awards from ARRL'S LOTW or QRZ. Only confirmed contacts are eligible for rewards meaning the other end of the QSO logs your contact and submits it are recognized as confirmed QSL's.

On both LOTW and QRZ websites, you can pull up your logbook and see all of your contacts and see which ones are confirmed.

You need a modern HF rig with CAT control to do this. Nearly all of them have this capability.

Last edited:
Reactions: 338_MtRushmore

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.