1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

Logging contacts

Discussion in 'CB QSO Planning & Schedules' started by FNH, Sep 24, 2013.

1. FNH

FNH Supporting Member

So I have my rig pretty much sorted, I've joined a group and got a call sign. So now I need a method of recording my contacts. What sort of infomation is the minimum I need to be taking and what else is useful. I see there is software available to download for record keeping. Is that really nessessary, or does it just complicate things. I can see it would be handy if you needed to search or sort the collected data. Is it easier to just use a pen and pad. I am just interested in what you guys are doing. Maybe you all just use post-it notes stuck around the edge of your monitors :D

Cheers FNH

BTW I was listening on 27.385 lsb this afternoon and was picking up a guy in Monterey Bay, California. He was coming across crystal clear for a while.

#1 FNH, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I use CQRlog, it's more for the ham op but it could be adapted. Its for Linux only but there are several other Windows based one out. I don't think, and I could be wrong, there are any 11 meter specific ones. I would guess an excel spread sheet would work or some type of database like Access or MySQL.