• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for 465 mhz vertical

Mar 17, 2006
ok got a 2 meter beam up for now on a repeater looking north

im looking for a 465 mhz vertical repeater antenna
maybe a commercial type
need to tune it exactly for the freq

do i need to run 1/2 hardline or will the 213 be ok

Depends how long tbe cable run will be. IMHO on tbat freq. if the run is much over 25 or 30 feet you will benefit from 1/2 inch heliax. That is unless the signals will be VERY strong like from a local repeater.

the tower is 72 foot to the very top according to my tape line
so 75 foot and then maybe another 40 or 50 into the radio room

at the present its running into the 440 beam pointed north about 30 foot in the air

if i do get a vertical then that will go on very top of tower
so far with the BaoFeng 5R on low power at 2 miles with standard dummyload antenna it will hit the repeater and come back at full strength
thats as far out as i have been today
going to pick up a sma to So-239 and hookit to this maxrad magmount and try it out monday

What would be a good commercail 460mhz vertical to use

For a run of 125 feet of RG-213 you are looking at a loss of 5.7 dB which means you are losing ¾ of your power on TX and the same on RX. Using LDF-4 ½ inch heliax cable your loss is only 1.8 dB for the same length cable which means you will only lose about 33% of your signal. You have to weigh the cost versus performance. If all you want is local repeater work you could probably live with the losses but you will have to determine that.

so theres a give and take part on this kind of setup
thought about running a length off my spool of lmr 600 uf from my beam install
but still the loss is kinda high.
and there goes that cost effective portion

so since most of my travel is north of my house i will keep the beam up and pointed north
will find out in the morning just how far this will travel
the repeater is only set at 12 to 15 watts out

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.