• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOKING FOR A 300 - 500 WATT BASE AMP FOR A FRIEND

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I have a friend thats looking for a 300 - 500 watt base amplifier he said he wants a tube amplifier but I think even a solidstate would be okpm me what you have and how much and Ill relay to him and help him out Thanks to the group in advance...Tony

300-500W amp?

I think I might have something that will work. I have an Astro Mach 800 amp I'd be willing to let go, I never use the thing anymore. Has 1 6LQ6 driving 4-24LQ6's with filaments tied in series (and a resister added to drop voltage) to the 117V line. I had good reports on it. Shows about 350-375W out with about 15-18W input on SSB. I would also include a near new set of 31LQ6 tubes (about 20 hours use on them) with the box. Doesn't have a preamp tho. Has OFF/ON power, AM/SSB mode, LOW/HI power, and STBY/OPER mode switches. I would like to get $170.00 shipped with delivery confirmation.

Picture666.jpg

Picture667.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.