• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a cb shop in NC

guitarman

Feb 28, 2013
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and found it because of asking cbradiomagazine.com his thoughts on what radio might best suit me and who might be able to set it up for me and he recommended me to come here. Thanks again for responding with such a detailed email to me!

I live in Asheville NC and am looking for someone that can set up a radio or radio amp combination for me. Some of my friends are AM'ers and are pushing me to buy a radio however i used to drive a truck and lost my love of Ch19 a long time ago. Given the current state our country is in i am thinking that a good radio is a great idea so i am going to install on in my F-350 and am getting current with whats out there.

My friends all seem to push me to buy the same radio that they are running; funny how people think that what they own is always the best one on the market! LOL Anyway CBradiomagazine was kind enough to give me several options and then offered what he thought would be the best overall set up with the Siri 5000 that i have already purchased and is on the way.

I was looking between either a 10 meter export like a Galaxy 94dx, (i just saw a 95dx on ebay that i am looking at) , Magnum or similar.

Or a low power radio and amp combo. His suggestion was a RCI 2950DX with a 2x2879 amp pushing it.

I am open to suggestions and advise! I have been reserching for several weeks now and am ready to make a decision but i want to make the best decision and his advise was talk to you guys before doing anything so here i am.

Thanks again for any help!

My brother referred me to Rays on Elkin,NC to purchase a Maco V58 but I went with DNJ Radio online and purchased a Sirio Vector 4000 base antenna. I like to be different. As far as a tune and alignment I was referred by the guys on this forum to DTB Radio.

I have bought a Siri performer 5000 for my truck. Once i get a system set up then i probably do the same set up for the wifes van. Then ill look into a base set up for the house.

Just picking your brain but what mobile set up are you running?

I have bought a Siri performer 5000 for my truck. Once i get a system set up then i probably do the same set up for the wifes van. Then ill look into a base set up for the house.

Just picking your brain but what mobile set up are you running?

CRE-8900&Galaxy DX-959. Both are DTB tuned. Sirio Performer PL5000. I just checked my modulation on the CRE-8900 and fixing to wire up a Astatic Road Devil mic to it. I have a RF Limited 2018 Xtreme mic wired to the 959.

I have a RCI 2970N2 on the way. I susspect it wont dissapoint. Whats your views on the the 959dX. just saw your thread on teh CRE8900. Ill go and check out what everyone has to say there.

When i first stared digging in i was going to just buy a 959, im old school so that appeals to me visually but quality appeals to me more than that.

The 959 is my preference for a cb radio for use on am. Plenty of loud but clean audio when tuned right. Not too stable on SSB though. The 8900 great for SSB use and has a seven digit freq display with different freq step adjustments. However the 8900 is useless on CW. CBRadioMagazine has great reviews that can help you choose what you're looking for in a radio plus the guys on this forum can steer you in the right direction and what to stay away from

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.