• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a little brother to my Anytone AT-5555N II

TimmyTheTorch

Dec 11, 2022
Northeast Wisconsin
I'm looking for a mobile for use in my truck. This mobile ideally has similar capabilities to the Anytone AT-5555N II but in a physically smaller package (lower power is fine). I looked at the President McKinley and while is certainly is small enough, at its price it is a bit underwhelming compared to the Q5N2 and other radios from Anytone, CRT, etc.

Does anyone here have any first-hand experience with and opinions on the CRT SUPERSTAR 9900 V4 (possibly a relative of the AT-6666?)? It looks like it has a lot of the good stuff from the Q5N2 except the 5 level noise reduction and probably other things I have not noticed yet.

CRT SS-9900 V4

Rigs like this SS-6900-V are nice but are bigger than what I am looking for.

CRT SS 6900 V BLUE V7

I do prefer the look of radios with a more modern design (like the Anytone Q5N2, Lincoln II+) than new radios that are made to look like ones I grew up with back in the 1970s.

You can't go wrong with the quad 6 or its cousin the crt 9900. Excellent performers and you are correct about a few features not included. Don't let that deter you though, they're solid. I own 2 quad 6 and one has ran strong since about 2016 or 17 up until the quad 5N2 arrived. Matter of fact the quad 6 is up to bat the last few days with a log of qso's.

Others are fond of the lincoln 2 plus with similar features and size but a little less power.

Just search the forum for both rigs and you'll get the answers to your first post.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.