• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOKING FOR A "VFO" FOR THE MADISON

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
Someone who's added a frequency counter to their Madison (as I have) is interested in installing a "vfo"/channel selector like the one I added to mine.
Unfortunately I searched eBay for Ralph without success. He's the seller I bought the frequency, and "vfo" from, for my Madison. I don't think he (Ralph) is selling any longer.
I'm guessing there's a "vfo"/, channel selector similar if not the exact one I've installed on my 4th generation Madison. If anyone has a lead on where to purchase the same one I have or a similar one please share (a link if possible.)
As I mentioned this is for someone else.
I don't even know the guy but don't mind helping if I can.
I'm adding the clip of my Madison.
Thanks.

... I searched eBay for Ralph without success. He's the seller I bought the frequency, and "vfo" from, for my Madison. I don't think he (Ralph) is selling any longer.
Did you send him a message and ask? See link below;
https://www.ebay.ca/usr/fasttrack*09?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

!!f)0+5w!3U~$(KGrHqUOKicEzVn3iSn2BNGeQtkrYQ~~_7.JPG

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I installed a Glen 326-G VFO on a Cobra 1000GTL (AM only) for a customer when I was working for a shop in N.E. Ohio around 1984-85. When the CB PA switch was in CB mode, the Channel Selector and Channel Display worked as stock, but when PA mode, I disabled the LED display, and the Glen VFO took over. I disabled the TX offset in the PLL and built and added a 10.695 MHz oscillator for TX, so either PLL or VFO worked.

I'm sure I have a half dozen of those external and internal VFO's that Ralph made. I believe it was for the 8719 PLL. I bought a lot of his stuff back in the day and still have stock on many items, I have the one in the video and the other type is mounted on the actual counter board. The shaft/knob sticks through a hole in the colored display plexi.

Reactions: NZ8N and Sonar
I'm sure I have a half dozen of those external and internal VFO's that Ralph made. I believe it was for the 8719 PLL. I bought a lot of his stuff back in the day and still have stock on many items, I have the one in the video and the other type is mounted on the actual counter board. The shaft/knob sticks through a hole in the colored display plexi.
Should I tell that guy you are willing to sell him the one he needs?

Sure, Sonar. The external VFO's are in a white colored enclosure. Not black. That is how I got them from Ralph. Does your friend also need the daughter board that solders in to where the factory PLL is located on the radios main board? Or does he have that already? I have to look back to see if I can find what they are worth. I can't remember..lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.