• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for Amplifier for a Magnum S-6 175

kamikaze701st

Apr 21, 2009
i have a magnum s6 175 in my pickup that i would like to put an amplifier behind. i want to go pretty big...say 600-800 watt dead key and around 13-1500+pep. i dont want to deal with puttin a motor maul in my truck, but i already have a 200 amp alternator i put on it. the magnum dead keys at 1 and swings to 125 pep on low, and on high dead keys 10 and swings to 200 watts pep. is there an amplifier out there that can handle this kind of wattage and swing? what other options do i have if i want to add more power but not change radios. also, i have been looking at a ranger 63ffc4 which dead keys 200 and swings to 400 watts pep. is there an amplifier out there that will handle that? thanks.

If you have a modern truck, it needs 60A or more to run it.

Maybe a six pill will get you close.

Is the 200A alternator dedicated to an amp?

the magnum dead keys at 1 and swings to 125 pep on low, and on high dead keys 10 and swings to 200 watts pep.
are you sure these numbers are right? i mean, just seems like alot of swing!! anyway, i believe any CUSTOM 8 pill amp, configured in a straight formation, will give you numbers around the 1000 watt mark.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.