• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for RM italy kl 503 HD Schematic

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
Any one have High Rez pics of the inside and a schematic of the KL 503 HD
it looks like for some unknown reason the adds say it is still 1 driving 8?
i am guessing they added more padding to get the "35 watts input drive"?
to me it seems like just removing the Driver like i have done would had been cheaper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also interested in de schematic of the HD version. It is not published on the manufacturers website.......

Just found a recent review of the HD version on YT:
I was surprised to see the specifications on the front of the booklet at 3 min 29 sec.
It looks like the used transistors are the same as in the non HD version: one RM4 drives 8 RM3 mosfets.
Did they just add a fixed attenuator in the input to increase the max. drive to 35W?

Then another question that many may have: What are the RM3 and RM4 MOSFETs?
The IRF520 is mentioned often, nut I also read about the 13N10 (FQP13N10 I assume).
Any information here would be appreciated as I have one of these amps for repair on my desk.

I am interested in buying the KL503HD, but they are hard to find nowadays. Any ideas where i may find one new. Thanks in advance.

I'm also interested in de schematic of the HD version. It is not published on the manufacturers website.......

Just found a recent review of the HD version on YT:
I was surprised to see the specifications on the front of the booklet at 3 min 29 sec.
It looks like the used transistors are the same as in the non HD version: one RM4 drives 8 RM3 mosfets.
Did they just add a fixed attenuator in the input to increase the max. drive to 35W?

Then another question that many may have: What are the RM3 and RM4 MOSFETs?
The IRF520 is mentioned often, nut I also read about the 13N10 (FQP13N10 I assume).
Any information here would be appreciated as I have one of these amps for repair on my desk.

88 Radio has RM3 & RM4 for sale

Any one have High Rez pics of the inside and a schematic of the KL 503 HD
it looks like for some unknown reason the adds say it is still 1 driving 8?
i am guessing they added more padding to get the "35 watts input drive"?
to me it seems like just removing the Driver like i have done would had been cheaper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Look in back of Manual for schematic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.