• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO REPAIR A TEXAS STAR 500

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I had one of my Texas Star 500 just quit lastnight I turned it on someone said it had a funny sound to it and then it quit all together within 20 seconds no lights (power to amplifier) fuses look ok I am going to look at a few things but if it has to be sent out where do I send it to be looked at and or repaired?

I can hook you up with someone. Ray or Jerry at Jerrys Electronics in Houston, Tex. 7136973310. Ray is one of the best amp guys I know. Other than Cheesy in Tulsa Darrel Patterson.

fuses were blown but heres the kicker they did not appear bad on inspection I had to do a continuity test to see they were failed. I have no clue what actually happenedat first I thought it was a power lead that had popped off that I resoldered a while back but thats all good as I suspected.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.