• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for the V 1.6USA

cdnabn49

Feb 27, 2012
I am looking for the V 1.6USA firmware for my FTM350AR - I have a couple of copies for the A/E version and my rig keep reading "FIRM ERROR" when I tried to load it.... so I reinstalled V 1.3USA back in the rig....

The only thing I see released by Yaesu USA on their website is version 1.3. Are you sure there is a version 1.6 available?

Both of my ftm-350ar`s have 1.6 they were purchased earlier this year.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

A while back I sent a support request to Yaesu asking about 1.6 upgrade and they said they didn't have it from Japan. I don't know if that has changed yet.

Reactions: 1 person
A while back I sent a support request to Yaesu asking about 1.6 upgrade and they said they didn't have it from Japan. I don't know if that has changed yet.

Thats the deal. New radios shipping wth the new version but the don't have the firmware upgrade released yet.

That is awesome! Now if they only will update the memory management.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can someone clarify that when on 1.3 if u can change the preset colors on the display using service menu ? Also what's the real kicks with 1.6 over 1.3 ?

★ Sent from my Droid★

This software updates all previous versions to the present version 1.6 (2012-Sep).

• Frequency 12.5kHz STEP operation
Correct the manual setting operation for the 12.5 kHz step frequency.

• APRS LIST delete operation
Correct the MIC PTT key operations when transmit and receive information (BEACON and MESSAGE) are deleted from APRS.

• Extension of the APRS transceiver display
The transceiver display is enabled to indicate the model name "TH-D72" when receiving a position packet from a Kenwood Corp. "TH-D72" transceiver.

• Adds Voice announcement stop function of APRS Message
The APRS Message Voice announcement may be stopped by a key operation during the announcement.

• DW Mode key operation
Correct the invalid key operation while receiving the DW priority CH. The key operation can now be carried out.

Reactions: 1 person
This software updates all previous versions to the present version 1.6 (2012-Sep).

• Frequency 12.5kHz STEP operation
Correct the manual setting operation for the 12.5 kHz step frequency.

• APRS LIST delete operation
Correct the MIC PTT key operations when transmit and receive information (BEACON and MESSAGE) are deleted from APRS.

• Extension of the APRS transceiver display
The transceiver display is enabled to indicate the model name "TH-D72" when receiving a position packet from a Kenwood Corp. "TH-D72" transceiver.

• Adds Voice announcement stop function of APRS Message
The APRS Message Voice announcement may be stopped by a key operation during the announcement.

• DW Mode key operation
Correct the invalid key operation while receiving the DW priority CH. The key operation can now be carried out.

Does it fix the stupid audio drop when you go into menu ? Im offering yaesu $100 cash if they can release an update as to when your receiving a signal that you dont loose audio when you go into the menus to change settings like mic gain, screen color, brightness, repeater + or - etc

★ Sent from my Droid★

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.