• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking to buy compact 10 meter

jr26

May 5, 2022
Hi all new here but have been using 10 meters and CB's for years. I ran a Connex 440hp for years, but not so much in the last few, the radio didn't fit well in the pick up and was pain to use laying on the center seat. Anyway looking to purchase a small 10 meter to install in my commuter car along with a small mag mount. I mostly just use cb channel 19 but would like FM with the new FCC rules. I have been looking at the President Ronald, Anytone Apollo II, and Stryker SR94hpc. I realize the last 2 are nearly identical if not and I believe the boards are all built Qixiang. Cost is relatively close and not really an issue just wondering if one is better than the other or if anyone has a reccomendation. Thanks

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Another vote for the Anytone 6666 if it will fit.

Edit: It's a nice clean sounding radio.

That's the one that was previously called the New York up, definitely NOT a good match for the quad 6. I've got one to use with the randy handheld and it's only slightly better than the rubber knub it came with. I'd sure be afraid of pumping the quad 6 into it.

Just my take...

I found a president ronald for $115 so I am leaning that route with the new york up antenna for mobile I may later get a quad6 for a base, in the future I would like to vacation in the western US so the quad 6 in camper would be nice. I like the look of the richard so that might be a consideration, I wanted to install one in my truck but I don't have the room. Its getting a president bill in a cubby hole in the dash with a little italian friend for help and 102" whip.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.