• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking to modify a relay for D&A

jtrouter

Jul 7, 2015
Hello.
I am looking to replace a hard to find relay. The correct relay is a Potter & Brumfield KA14AY Relay 12volt a/c.
The problem is hey are crazy expensive. However i can find a Ka14ay 6volt a/c version so my question is can i just put a
resistor inline to make it work in place of the 12v a/c relay and what size resistor would i need? If more specs are needed i do
have the Potter &Brumfield catalog what other info would be needed to figure it out?
Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.

The original 3PDT open-frame relays with that AC-coil voltage were discontinued decades ago.

The only amplifier I remember seeing that relay inside is the National NCL2000.

You said "D&A". Can't remember that brand using that relay in any product that I remember seeing. They did use a lot of 110-Volt DC coil relays with tube-type RF sensing "keying" circuits.

Just what circuit type is it wired into?

Inquiring minds want to know.

The original 3PDT open-frame relays with that AC-coil voltage were discontinued decades ago.

The only amplifier I remember seeing that relay inside is the National NCL2000.

You said "D&A". Can't remember that brand using that relay in any product that I remember seeing. They did use a lot of 110-Volt DC coil relays with tube-type RF sensing "keying" circuits.

Just what circuit type is it wired into?

Inquiring minds want to know.

It is used in the Tan and Brown versions of the Raider/RDX75 and the tan and brown Mavrick/MDX200 Its is used for al of the relays in them. The old gray ones used the 117v ac versions but the later ones do use these. The original part number is P&B 14ay 12v a/c coils. Both of my brown and tans use it while the old grays that i have use the 117 ac coils. Sorry it is used in all positions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated