• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking to replace the stick on fake speaker grill on my RCA Radio Phone Model CRM-P2B-5 CB

danmcclain

Dec 11, 2020
I'm just starting to restore this radio and am having a hard time locating the stick on grill material that goes on the center of the faceplate. Does anyone know where I can get some? Thank you... Dan

Attachments

• IMG_4161.JPG
    IMG_4161.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • rca oldie.jpg
    rca oldie.jpg
    446 KB · Views: 28

I'm just starting to restore this radio and am having a hard time locating the stick on grill material that goes on the center of the faceplate. Does anyone know where I can get some? Thank you... Dan
Years ago I was restoring an old Motorola Service Monitor, I created a decal in Microsoft Publisher using a doctored photo and Vista Print printed it for me. It wasn't perfect as the decal size had to be reduced to the size of standard size decals they offered, but it looked better than a yellowed torn up original decal.

Last edited:
Years ago I was restoring an old Motorola Service Monitor, I created a decal in Microsoft Publisher using a doctored photo and Vista Print printed it for me. It wasn't perfect as the decal size had to be reduced to the size of standard size decals they offered, but it looked better than a yellowed torn up original decal.
Thank you for the info Trillo5, I will consider it.... Dan

I would like to understand that hobby better because I can think of so many cool projects. It all seems so complicated.

If you want something that will look good but isn't exactly original I would hammer it flat using a block of wood and a hammer. Then find some vintage cloth speaker grill cloth that you like the look of. Use some 3m spray adhesive and cover it with cloth. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1440316091...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
Sounds like a good idea, thanks Dan

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.