• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Love's Travel Stops Fined $25,000!

I have sold exactly NOTHING as result of that ad. Zip. Nada. Zero. Actually, it wasn't even my idea to put it here. The antennas are more hobby than business. If they were strictly business, then they will be selling for the prices the other fellows charge. I make antennas because I LIKE doing it!~ And I will KEEP on making them if it harelips the heck out of anyone that don't like it, OK?

I have no qualms about what I think of "export" radios. They are against the law and I HATE them, not because of their use on CB itself, but because they show up on the ham bands (and others). Period. If anyone doesn't like what I do, then they may remove any ads, think they want to think, do whatever floats their boats because I don't give a rip about that.

Antennas are not illegal. "Export" radios are. Antennas don't cause/facilitate the theft of spectrum from others. Amplifiers cause INTERFERENCE to legal and legitimate users. Antennas don't! What the dealers that SELL "export" radios (and amps) do IS against the law. Building antennas is not! I see no conflict in selling a LEGAL product that helps people in their hobby as opposed to those who sell their illegal crap that shows up on frequencies that belong to others! :x

CWM

Jerry, there are quite a few hams on this forum. Many in fact, that have purchased screwdriver type antennas over the last couple years. I have in fact had a couple new hams inquire to me about your antennas, which I have always said seemed like a pretty good deal to me. The problem is that most people (on this forum, at least) don't think your posts or apparent attitude does much to promote the radio hobby in general. Most people DO appreciate knowing what is legal or not. From there, they want to be left alone to make their own decision. The bible (part 95, 97) thumping Sunday morning baptist preacher routine turns people away from wanting to find out for themselves about your antennas. This is not conjecture or hear-say. This has been said to me directly by licensed, law abiding hams.

P.S. If you really want to start quoting the Bible, we can start that up again. I generally stay out of these debates until someone tries to turn it into a scriptural based moral argument. However, I think you'll find that I can quote the Bible, and even deliberately take passages out of context like the best preacher to support whatever "moral" side of an argument I feel like being on. If "give unto Caesar's..." has anything to do with amateur frequency allocations, then so does: "...any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple." :roll:

C W Morse said:
I have sold exactly NOTHING as result of that ad. Zip. Nada. Zero. Actually, it wasn't even my idea to put it here. The antennas are more hobby than business. If they were strictly business, then they will be selling for the prices the other fellows charge. I make antennas because I LIKE doing it!~ And I will KEEP on making them if it harelips the heck out of anyone that don't like it, OK?

I have no qualms about what I think of "export" radios. They are against the law and I HATE them, not because of their use on CB itself, but because they show up on the ham bands (and others). Period. If anyone doesn't like what I do, then they may remove any ads, think they want to think, do whatever floats their boats because I don't give a rip about that.

Antennas are not illegal. "Export" radios are. Antennas don't cause/facilitate the theft of spectrum from others. Amplifiers cause INTERFERENCE to legal and legitimate users. Antennas don't! What the dealers that SELL "export" radios (and amps) do IS against the law. Building antennas is not! I see no conflict in selling a LEGAL product that helps people in their hobby as opposed to those who sell their illegal crap that shows up on frequencies that belong to others! :x

CWM

You missed my point Jerry. I wasn't knocking your antennas. I wasn't saying they are against the law. What I was pointing out is thus...

You hate export radios and cb amplifiers.

But...

You hang out on forums that promote their usage, and on the forums of dealers that sell that stuff.

So if export radios are so bad, and cb amps are so bad, why would you want to be associated with those that promote their usage?

On top of that, you are using this same forum to advertise your antennas.

So, as long as there is something in it for you, it's okay?

Seems to me if you were truly concerned about the proliferation of export radios and cb amps you certainly would boycott those internet sites that promote their usage. Not use these sites to make a buck.

Surely you can see the contradiction in that.

Tell him Rocky !!Rocky,uh I mean BNT doesn't have to answer to anyone ! He lives down in the underwater state of Lousyanna !

C W Morse said:
I have sold exactly NOTHING as result of that ad. Zip. Nada. Zero.

Don't be so sure.

C W Morse said:
...what I think of "export" radios. They are against the law and I HATE them...CWM

Your hatred has consumed you.

As a licensed operator, and one who takes a stance of purity, I have had to deal with you throwing your hatred in my path repeatedly for over a year, forcing me to either step over it or trudge through it. In this sense, you are pathetic. You have taken more away from my hobby than any illegal operator has.

And I think you will keep on making it in spite of any just cause:

"And I will KEEP on making them if it harelips the heck out of anyone that don't like it, OK?--CWM"

C2 very well said BUT I do not think CW gives a hoot.
All he does as stated above is HATE. NO solutions just bandwith waste and HATE and Bashing. That's what the FCC posting is all about. Stick it in the face of the trucker and cb crowd. Nothing more and Nothing less.

Take off those blinders and R E A D!! WHERE did I say anything about "hating" PEOPLE? SHOW me!! I said I HATE the "export" radio that allow people to wander up into frequencies they have no business on. WHERE did I say I "hated" truckers, but you can only see ONE aspect of the issue. There was another poster that flat out insulted drivers and questioned their intelligence and you have said LESS to him than you have about ME. You can't see past ONE thing: YOU had made it seem as IF ALL drivers were talking out of band, and I never SAID that. I said that "S O M E" drivers are talking out of band, and, yes, I don't LIKE that. It's nothing personal. The facts are:

1. There are "export" radios.

2. They are marketed to CBers while SAYING "Amateur' Radio.

3. They are sold in CB shops and truck stops.

4. AMATEUR Radios have their own dealers who market to HAM
operators. You don't FIND Icom 706's in truck stops.

5. Drivers were anxious to get away from the regular 40.

6. They showed up on the 10 Meter band---mostly on 28.085
AM.

7. It stood out like a sore thumb in an area where voice is not
authorized.

8. It attracted the attention of the AUTHORIZED users of the
band.

But you make it sound as if hams are not to object to people in 10 Meters without license. How DARE they say ANYTHING about them pore ole folks who are stealing from them? That is ALL I am after!!!!! I am doing my own part to spread the word (like the Geiko Gecko) to get people to STOP it. I am not a cop.
I have no authority. All I can do is report what I hear on the bands I am allowed. I DON'T like somebody just picking up a mike and going at it.

HATE? Only the infernal things the illegal dealers call "10 Meter 'Amateur' (HA! :evil: ) radios! It doesn't apply to people--or drivers in general.

CWM

It does not matter what you hate, and where was it stated that you hate people; where? Your hatred still consumes you. You are blinded by it.

The question is, how does any of the 8 points you make justify your continuous rantings here?

1. Export radios are not made here.
2. They are not marketed to anyone here.
3. They are not sold in CB shops and truck stops here.
4. AMATEUR Radios (and the Icom 706's) are equally represented here, TO hams like me, you, and the like.
5. This is away from the regular 40, and your here TOO.
6. This is not the 10 meter band.
7. There is soreness here, but I don't think it's us.
8. And so does anything else worthy of attention, including the code/no code debate, the new breed of the big 3, and even winlink2000.

You remind me of the guy shooting at the white house because he was pissed off at the government. I'm sure it made perfect sense to him, blinded and all.

Do something constructive with your life, this aint it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.