• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low Budget station with Map & Antennas

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Strictly mobile radio on base for the last 36 yrs.
No amps on base for the last 35 yrs.

radiodesk.jpg

wallmap.jpg

interceptor10k.jpg

maco5.jpg

This is my mounted King Crab that I did while in Alaska - all joints were injected with formaldehyde.
The body is 7 1/2" across - weight was 6 lbs.

kingcrab.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Looking good for sure.................

Robb, that's his wife's room and he has her permission to use it!

Nice shack and antennas.

See now I would have injected the joints on that crab with butter and lemon and mounted it in my stomach....oh yea.

Nice setup.

Sorry to hear about the crabs. I knew a guy that went to Alaska and came back with warts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The Wall Paper! What can I say - Gamegetter you are pretty close, some things just can not be changed when the wife puts her foot down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Nice shack and antennas.

See now I would have injected the joints on that crab with butter and lemon and mounted it in my stomach....oh yea.

RatsoW8,
I did have the special treat of sneaking into the processing plant now and then, just to grab a couple chunk's of meat right out of the cookers.....yummmmie, was it ever so sweet!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Here ya go Gamegetter....
The guy that I talked to was working for a geological team on the shelf. I actually talked to him 3 days in a row.

csc0013.jpg

csc0008j.jpg

I don't get the comments about the wall paper?? I love it!! all those little red and blue flags pinned on a muti color background. You guys have no sense of color and home decor at all! Keep up the good work DX Man and adding even more little flags to the muti color background would make it even more "cozy" if you will. 300 or so would be great and really add "cozy" to the shack!!;) Great shack and enjoyed the QSO today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.