• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LP-100 Digital Vector Watt meter

c2 i dont know,
i do know it uses your radio to provide the signal and controlls the radio through software,
i doubt i will use the plots but the complex impedance+ resistive/reactive display is very nice in a vswr meter imho.
you can download the manual on their website for a circuit description and calibration instructions,
maybe that will help you understand what it can and cannot do.

maybe reading the manual would clue me in, but I could not get them to load today...i'm not gonna try it at home.

I doubt it would tell me anyway.

Some of my equipment does update real time, but not all. Usually, to get a plot, you have to press some button (in software) to actually transfer data, then there is some software algorythim to interpret the data and then render the plot.

Now that I think of it, how in the world would a meter control my CB? To get a Smith plot, I would need a frequency sweep. Maybe on some of the newer ham rigs, but not most of them.

So, your not going to use the plots? That's kind of a shame. It's like buying a 7.2 channel audio receiver/decoder/amp and just connecting two speakers.

Interesting...SWR Accuracy Spec: <0.05.

WOW! :shock:

That is better than most connector mismatch specs. Wonder how they do it?

7.2 lol, yes you are correct i would use just 2 speakers, probably lowthers, fed through directly heated single ended triodes and audionote transformers,
the other speakers are there to try and fool the ears your listening to a good 2ch ( none pidgeonholed recording )
it dont fool my ears one bit ;)

from what i can gather the sweep is done through rig control software like a cat system,
the minivna sweeps in the blink of an eye also does plots and no need to apply radio rf, i dont use plots on that either lol,
for me the lp-100 is a good vswr/wattmeter that shows min vswr point and where the antenna is x=0,
looping the amp remote through the alarm relay to protect against high vswr or overdriving the amp is a cool feature too,

maybe i will find a use for the plotting in the future i dont know ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.