• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

M/A-Com MACOM rf transistors. Any experience?

kc8mob

Sep 26, 2017
I generally understand that after Motorola quit production of their 12v line finals that MACOM bought the rights?

In particular. I have the ability to acquire a batch of M/A-Com manufactured MRF455

The source is legit and will let me return them if they aren't to my liking.

Was going to buy a bushel so I can hfe match them.

But any smart fellas around here know they're a waste of time regardless it'd be nice to know.

Have a handful of goodies that are worth rebuilding given the price if they have potential.

Thanks

Reactions: Eldorado828

I generally understand that after Motorola quit production of their 12v line finals that MACOM bought the rights?

In particular. I have the ability to acquire a batch of M/A-Com manufactured MRF455

The source is legit and will let me return them if they aren't to my liking.

Was going to buy a bushel so I can hfe match them.

But any smart fellas around here know they're a waste of time regardless it'd be nice to know.

Have a handful of goodies that are worth rebuilding given the price if they have potential.

Thanks
I'm interested in seeing the replies as I've wondered the same about the ma-com pills.

Yeah. I'm hopeful. The old Motorola engineer that I met said that the equipment/tooling etc was sold with the design/rights whatever. It all went to China but what didn't and if they are producing the part on all the goodies then swell.

Why no one tried or Toshiba didn't offer all their old design and tooling probably is as simple as the whole "China-Japan" thing. Because there is definitely a "Thing" !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.