• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco 105c

552fl

Mar 29, 2018
Ended up ordering a maco 105c to put on the 60 ft tower vertical since I already have a Sirio Sy 27 4 element on horizontal then going to mount the starduster back on top of the horizontal tower thatis 40 ft.. just got to figure out how do you put a bearing in top of the Ron 25 kono's tower and mounting rotor underneath I know you need to plate.. ..

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

What's the best way to set the SWR without having an antenna analyzer..I've heard of standingt hem toward the sky and then switching them to vertical but I don't know

What's the best way to set the SWR without having an antenna analyzer..I've heard of standingt hem toward the sky and then switching them to vertical but I don't know

The last time I set up some antennas I did that. I stood them on the end of the boom with the reflector element on the ground pointed skyward. It worked well. Better than horizontal only a few feet off the ground.

Ended up ordering a maco 105c to put on the 60 ft tower vertical since I already have a Sirio Sy 27 4 element on horizontal then going to mount the starduster back on top of the horizontal tower thatis 40 ft.. just got to figure out how do you put a bearing in top of the Ron 25 kono's tower and mounting rotor underneath I know you need to plate.. ..
Not sure what a 25 kono's tower is but in regards to rotor plates and thrust bearing plates for Rohn 25G... you can order from the following.. http://www.normsfab.com/plates.htm. https://www.texastowers.com/towers/guyed/rohn25g.htm

yes getting rotor plate for the rohn 25 tower..i guess I will tie it to the side of my tower and let it hang to tune it .

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
I seen a picture of a guy that took a two-by-four and stuck in the tower about 27 feet up on the tower sticking out about a foot..or so.. antenna hanging. Straight down

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
the ones i had i stood up with the reflector on ground pointing straight up and away from any thing metal and tied down with string,,, adjusted the swr and when i put up on tower swr went just a tad lower,,,

That's what I did. You could also throw a rope over a tree branch and haul one end on the boom up. Or lean it against a sawhorse or fence posts. It's not rocket science how to point an antenna straight up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated