• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco base antennas

yea, there was A-lot of Sirio base antennas on eBay for a while.. but there all gone. one i did have interest in for a while was the Sirio CB 27 i guess it was a vertical one way and you flip it and it was a horizontal but i dont see them no more. i think ill buy the maco V58 (spend the extra $ and get better quality) , as the saying goes you get what you pay for.
this thread sure has gone many ways... lol

Wait and get you a new sirio gainmaster just as soon as they get more shipped over here to the U.S. This one antenna should be all you need for starters.

A new shipment of Sirio antennas is in transit to the USA now.

I have had a A-99 and a I-max200 and now have a Sirio s-2016 and a Proton P-99 (A-99 knockoff) As for TVI I have ran about 300 watts through all of these antennas and the A-99 was the worst for tvi coming through a baby monitor about 2 houses away at 50 watts! The P-99 took about 100 watts before this would happen and the Imax never seemed to have an issue with but also never went over 300 watts. The S-2016 is my antenna of choice followed by the Imax the Imax was just to whippy for me and would just about lay the top horizontal in a wind. I have a Sirio 3 element beam and took it down due to HOA and I used the 2016 more. Just my opinion but you can't go off the ads for the antennas as they are all competing for your $!;)

i did a test with all these expect the p-99 and found the same results.
my imax DID have tvi issues but not as bad as the 99. like my 2016.
ill recommend that still. matbe even the sirio 27 dipole mentioned earlier

I use the Maco V58 tuned for 10m. You don't necessarily need a tuner, all you have to do is shorten the radiator a few inches.

Thanx, I'm looking at getting one, the guy said the same thing, all he did was shorten it. I read online from the manufacturer this is supposed to be good from 26-33 MHz.

HeyMorse123, what did you end up going with?
Since your last post, Hy-gain has re-released the Penetrator for $150, and Sirio have released their Gainmaster for $180, which I believe would be the best for your needs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.