• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Maco V5000 radial question

Rob Berger

Jun 28, 2017
Southeastern Tennessee
So I've searched and searched and I've read several posts but still not getting a clear answer. I have a Maco V5000 and I'm about to add a Maco M103 beam on my tower ( horizontal ). The V5000 will be about 5 feet above the beam. Can I remove the ground radials on the V5000? I feel they may effect the performance of the beam. I've read several posts about distance and so many go from a full wavelength to a foot above. I know removing the ground radials may effect the V5000 but won't the beam replace the somewhat?

Suggest keeping the ground radials as this is how it was designed. The ground radials have to be placed in line with the beams boom and the beams elements. I also suggest the ground radials are 8 to 9 feet above the beam, if possible. Please let us know how this works out for you.

I have modified a Crusader 10K 5 element beam using a I-10K 5/8 ground plane, and will be experimenting around with it.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

I have a Maco M104 that is flat with an Antron 99 above it. It works well. If I had the V-5000 I would experiment. I wonder how well it would match without the radials. If it works good with them on and everything matches. leave it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated