• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco V58 assy question

Cat Driver

Feb 2, 2007
Lake of The Ozarks
Does the clip for the feeder wire on the circle part of the antenna go to the 6 1/4" mark or does it goes past it so that the other side of the clip is at the 6 1/4" mark. I'm just starting to put it together here in the house and was wondering about this info. It really doesn't say in the instructions, or It's not sinking into my brain if it does. :LOL:

P.S. I started measuring from the back side where the 2 parts of the circle are bolted together, and measured 6 1/4" around to the lower front brkt per instructions, if I'm reading it right.

Thanx
Ronnie :D

From the upper bolt that comes down from the bracket on the circular ring tube, measure 6-1/4 inches. This should put you about 2/3 of the way around to the bolt on the other side that clamps the two halfs of the ring together.

If you are talking about a mere 1/2 inch one way or the other, it don't matter as you will have to fine tune that with your SWR meter.

To tune:
Make sure the length is set right (240 inches, or whatever they say), the tune for lowest SWR by moving the feed clamp on the ring. Then fine the SWR lower by changing the length. Then the ring again, then the length...

C2 said:
From the upper bolt that comes down from the bracket on the circular ring tube, measure 6-1/4 inches. This should put you about 2/3 of the way around to the bolt on the other side that clamps the two halfs of the ring together.

If you are talking about a mere 1/2 inch one way or the other, it don't matter as you will have to fine tune that with your SWR meter.

To tune:
Make sure the length is set right (240 inches, or whatever they say), the tune for lowest SWR by moving the feed clamp on the ring. Then fine the SWR lower by changing the length. Then the ring again, then the length...

I'm looking at the instructions right here and they say to measure (starting at the place where the 2 halves bolt together) 6 1/4" around towards the bottom brkt. But it doesn't say which side of the 6 1/4" mark that the clamp goes on.

ummmmm reread what i posted up top. then like c2 said put it all together check SWR. move it till you get it even at top and bootm of 1 and 40. lowest on 20. then to get it lower ajust the length of the main element. then ajust the ring thing again. till you get it best you can.

OK, if you measure along the outside of the hoop from screw 1D to the edge of the feed clamp, that would be the first edge of the clamp you encounter. In other words, the clamp would be farther away from 1D.

It is on the bottom side of the hoop and measured as you said, my mistake.

C2 said:
OK, if you measure along the outside of the hoop from screw 1D to the edge of the feed clamp, that would be the first edge of the clamp you encounter. In other words, the clamp would be farther away from 1D.

It is on the bottom side of the hoop and measured as you said, my mistake.

OK then, I've got mine on the wrong side of the mark. Mine is on the screw side of the mark. I'll move it first thing this morn.

I have "impatient help" coming to help me put this thing up. I want everything to be as close as can be, so we don't hafta screw around very long. It's winter here still. ;)

Impatient===free family relation help :LOL:

Thanx,

good thing you got it on the right side , you would have had a hell of a time matching the antenna that way. Once the clip is where it should be ,in the end ,that will only make for a fine tune if need be once the antenna is in place , what will more then likely tune the antenna correctly after completly built by spec will more then likely be the hight of it.
im001942te4.jpg

I finally called the factory about this just for my own peace of mind :roll: The Fella I talked to was more than helpful, he was the one who designed this particular antenna and he also owns the Company.

He said the 6 1/4" mark is an approximate setting. He told me to split the diff and just center the clamp over the mark.

Like you said Switch Kit, the height is where the main tuning is done and the clip is just for minor adjustments.

Thanx,

Master Chief said:
Cat Driver said:
The Fella I talked to was more than helpful, he was the one who designed this particular antenna and he also owns the Company.
Mr. Wilson works for Majestic now?

hehe, I'm just telling ya the way he led me to believe.

I'm one of those people that try to take people at their word until proven otherwise. I guess I'm just to easy. :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.