• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Maco V58 model

Thanks for the reply, NB. That's just the kind of 'nutty' thing that gets my attention. Love it. Surely your neighbors weren't looking while you whizzed that thing back and forth??
I had a Ringo a few years before and saw their performance was similar so I felt justified in telling people my antenna was a "Merry-Go-Ringo". :)

Did you consider the mast, not being directly below the antenna, as having any skewing effects on the A99 pattern? What if skewing made the antenna show directionality...with more gain in the direction of the 14' offset boom section and far less gain in the opposite direction?
Your model looks a bit taller.

Mine was on a 4-section TV telescoping push-up mast but I kept the top section down inside the next one below it for double-wall strength, and if I recall had about 6' of the top 2, 7' of the next one down and 10' on the bottom with about a foot shoved into the dirt, so 9'+ 7'+ 6' = 22' to the rotor. Rotor + top extension maybe another foot, about 23' total to the base of the A99.

Some came in better off the sides of the arm, some off the ends. Don't believe I noticed the arm direction skewing the results significantly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.