• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO V58

9deuce

Jan 6, 2014
THAT LAKESIDEBOSS
so last night i ordered the MACO V58...... i cant wait for it to get here and test it out....... i was wondering if anyone has any tuning tips for it length etc.....

ive heard about adjusting the top the lower sections and the ring witch is best mine as well ask b4 it get here so i dont have to spend a whole day of tuning.....

so last night i ordered the MACO V58...... i cant wait for it to get here and test it out....... i was wondering if anyone has any tuning tips for it length etc.....

ive heard about adjusting the top the lower sections and the ring witch is best mine as well ask b4 it get here so i dont have to spend a whole day of tuning.....

The V58 has a reputation for being a very good antenna, but I've read and heard may reports that it is hard to get tuned. Have you done a search here on WWDX to see what other's have reported?

I never owned one because of these stories, and I could see potential problems in the manual even though it is detailed and has good images. The claim below is from an old CB buddy here on the forum, but I don't know how much help it will be. Plus it was for an older model and your new V58 could be a bit different in some respects. For me figuring the overall length right is the big issue just looking at different manuals over the years.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

View attachment Old Maco V-58 tuning tips..pdf

I just put up a maco clone, by workman (W58). With the help of this
forum, mine tuned up w/o problems. I stuffed mine with wooden dowels for
strength and guyed it 1/4 wave from the top with 3/32 dacron for more
strength. (we get violent t-storms summers) 1:1.1 swr and plays great.
you'll find a lot written up about it in here. good luck with it.

thnx for the replys and the PDF fellaz it should arrive monday so it'll be a fun day looks like i should take 3 days off of work:D and get her tuned up proper ill let you guys know how it goes

WELL for the time being im gonna leave it as it is and test it if i have an issue i will most definitely upgrade the wire thnx for the post ill book mark those

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.