• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 1012 handheld -- vendor recommendations

unit248

Nov 26, 2010
I'm thinking of buying one of the Magnum 1012 10/11/12 meter handhelds. A quick search shows that a couple of different distributors have them in stock, including:

- H &Y Electronics
- Copper Electonics
- Custom CB Radios
- Truckers-Store.com
- Walcott CB
- CB World (wearecb.com)

Does anybody have a particular preference/recommendation for any of these? I'm just looking to have the radio shipped in a reasonable time, unmolested.

-Bill

Don't forget Ebay...

Scratch the top two from your list. Crappy customer service. Walcott would probably ship a good one, but they seem way high above retail on their stuff.

Can't vouch for others.

I had one of them radios when they first came out. I found it mostly to be a novelty item. I'm sure you've read up on it though.

- H &Y Electronics * cheap but I'd avoid
- Copper Electonics * so so service
- Custom CB Radios * I'd avoid

- Truckers-Store.com * online retailer dealt with them - no problems
- Walcott CB * actual place with retail location - no problems
- CB World (wearecb.com) - I believe these guys are attached to an actual distributor warehouse so I'd say no problem with them either.

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. I really appreciate it.

m42duster: yeah, I noticed that Walcott's price is a little higher -- cheapest price seems to be $219 while they're asking $239. But that's the total price: shipping is free and there's no tax, so it may balance out. And yes, I read up on the radio. I'm not expecting too much: mainly I just want it to bring to breaks with me. :)

-Bill

Just to follow up, I ordered the radio from Walcott. Got the shipping notice on Thursday, and it arrived today. No muss, no fuss.

Now I just have to wait until I get home from work to put the batteries in and play with it. :)

(As an aside, I've had incredible results sending stuff via the US Post Office lately. It seems like things rarely take more than 3 days to go from door to door. Whatever they're doing, I like it.)

-Bill

Magnum 1012 High Gain Ant.

You will probably want to acquire a longer antenna:
P03-00011.gif

Most Magnum dealers have them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.