• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257HP

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
Just picked up a new in the box and never used 2 year old 257HP. It's the last version that was talk-back ready. Dude bought it from Sparky's and from the numbers on the watt meter i'm seeing it's really been cranked out. I plan on having it re-aligned and checked over because i'm told the audio is not as clean or crisp as my S45HP.

That said the only odd problem I have it about half the time the radio won't un-key so to speak. When I tap the mic transmit button 2x the radio unkeys. I have tried 2 other Magnum mics so it's not the mic. Once the radio warms up it does not seem to do it as much. Any ideas on what is causing this?

The radio is run on a base, Astron 36M power supply, IMAX 2000 antenna, SWR is fine. All my other radio's work just fine with the system so it's not anything in my set up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: