• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 750 Linear?

After digging around for a while, the only thing I can find...., is a picture.
Do you have any info?
Looks like a nice Amp.
As you probably know, Palomar used to make a line of Solid state Amps in the Magnum series but this is the first "tube" amp I have seen with that name.
Jeff

Attachments

• amp_magnum_dx-750 (1).jpg
    amp_magnum_dx-750 (1).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 583
After digging around for a while, the only thing I can find...., is a picture.
Do you have any info?
Looks like a nice Amp.
As you probably know, Palomar used to make a line of Solid state Amps in the Magnum series but this is the first "tube" amp I have seen with that name.
Jeff

Yep....that lone pic is all I could find also.....I enlarged it.
No info at all.

dx750.jpg

Reason number 1
Many of the old amps cleaned up and with a little work can be put to use as a mono band amp.
You would be surprised how many of these old amp`s built 40 years ago are on the ham bands today, and if re-worked properly and do not have the snot driven out of them work just fine.
Some wind up on 6 meters, some on 10 or maybe 12.
Some of them get ripped apart and make a good starting point for some one to build a nice 10-40 amp,,,,if you look at it that way... parts is parts

Reason number 2
We are a little more tolerant of questions about amps here.

If it does go full blown ""I want to run my Amp on 27.025", sooner or later it will get moved down to the General CB section.

The best reason, is in the Definition of what this Forum is all about.

The Worldwide Radio Forum is an online community made up of devoted enthusiasts of the Radio hobbies. Unlike other radio related sites, this Forum is not dedicated to a specific radio service, but instead opens its doors to all radio related activities. All enthusiasts and operators of anything radio related are welcome here, including Amateurs (Hams), CB'ers, and any others. This is NOT the place to publicly pass judgment on other radio operators practices or skills.

That kind of sums it up.

Have a great day.
And if you would like, sign up for the W9WDX radio club at the top of the Forum, and get in on the 10 and 6 meter contest this weekend and have some fun working some of the other members here.

Jeff

Why are people posting about CB amplifiers in the Amateur section?

Dig through old threads man, there are tons and tons of threads on AMPLIFIERS in general here. Wow, that's the first time the hampster police have shown up in a long time.

Reactions: 357
I have a "Magnum" four pill mobile! Can't find any information on it, but it works real well in the shack. Get around 250-275 out of it.
I've been told the Magnum is a Palomar knock off!

Good luck with your box!

I have a "Magnum" four pill mobile! Can't find any information on it, but it works real well in the shack. Get around 250-275 out of it.
I've been told the Magnum is a Palomar knock off!

Good luck with your box!

It was not my amp....it was a big tube amp a guy had stored away for yrs....he said he keyed it up 1 time back in the 70s and it blew the fuse out in his house and he put it in a closet and left it there for a long time....I could have bought it....but did not want it.

It would be interesting to know what tubes it runs, and what he might be asking for it!
I love talking on a old school, low deadkey radio hooked up to an old tube amp!!:wub:

It would be interesting to know what tubes it runs, and what he might be asking for it!
I love talking on a old school, low deadkey radio hooked up to an old tube amp!!:wub:

It was about the same thing as a Maco 750 I reckon...it got sent down the road....I did not want it...just get in trouble running something like that in town....but I do like them as a CB collectable.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.