• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum OmegaForce S-45 HP Review

Fair enough.

To me, when someone says a transmitted signal on CB or Ham is "clean", that means clean in RF terms, like not using excessive bandwidth, or producing harmonics or other spurious emissions that interfere with other radio services, or other operators within that band, be it CB or 10 meters.
would you mind posting your ham call sign? and or credentials that qualify you to badger Robb about this review.

would you mind posting your ham call sign? and or credentials that qualify you to badger Robb about this review.

The only credentials I need are a membership here and my opinion, which is what I expressed in the post of mine you are quoting.

As for my callsign, I see it near the bottom of every one of my posts. Does it not show up on your end?

Not badgering or bashing, just trying to come to a better understanding of what happens to the band when people operate 60 to 1 peak to carrier ratios and other bad practices like limiter clipping, echo, class C amps, etc. (I'm not accusing any one particular person of any or all of those practices, but those are things that I think are bad) I hold licensed hams to a higher standard of good and considerate operator practice, whether they are operating 10 or 11 meters. I think that the information for them to know this is out there, but some people just refuse to learn.

Hey, maybe I've got it all wrong. It has happened before.

The only credentials I need is a membership here and my opinion, which is what I expressed in the post of mine you are quoting.

As for my callsign, I see it near the bottom of every one of my posts. Does it not show up on your end?

Not badgering or bashing, just trying to come to a better understanding of what happens to the band when people operate 60 to 1 peak to carrier ratios and other bad practices like limiter clipping, echo, class C amps, etc. (I'm not accusing any one particular person of any or all of those practices, but those are things that I think are bad) I hold licensed hams to a higher standard of good and considerate operator practice, whether they are operating 10 or 11 meters. I think that the information for them to know this is out there, but some people just refuse to learn.

Hey, maybe I've got it all wrong. It has happened before.
How many times do you hear someone operating an export radio on 10 meters with a swing ratio of 1 to 60 in the AM mode?

How many times do you hear someone operating an export radio on 10 meters with a swing ratio of 1 to 60 in the AM mode?

Never. You are missing my point completely. To operate in that way is just as rude and irresponsible on CB, 11 meter, 10 meter, whatever.

If you operated that way on 10 meters, you would be trashing the band and causing interference to other stations on the band. That is bad.

Why is it any less bad to do it on 11 meters? You are still trashing the band and making it harder for other operators on the band. It is citizen(S) band, as in plural, not one citizen. Other people have the same right by FCC rule to use the band without being subject to excessively wide, dirty, overpowered stations running echo and other gimmicks that take away from readability of the signal. Why be a dick when you don't have to?

I hold licensed hams to a higher standard.Hams are supposed to operate in a manner considerate of other operators, not just other hams, but ANY user of a legitimate radio service. You have a responsibility to yourself and the amateur radio service in general to continually seek to educate yourself on proper, accepted standards of operation and conduct. I don't see why that should change when you go below 28 MHZ. You still should be considerate and try not to interfere with other people's enjoyment of the hobby.

Never. You are missing my point completely. To operate in that way is just as rude and irresponsible on CB, 11 meter, 10 meter, whatever.

If you operated that way on 10 meters, you would be trashing the band and causing interference to other stations on the band. That is bad.

Why is it any less bad to do it on 11 meters? You are still trashing the band and making it harder for other operators on the band. It is citizen(S) band, as in plural, not one citizen. Other people have the same right by FCC rule to use the band without being subject to excessively wide, dirty, overpowered stations running echo and other gimmicks that take away from readability of the signal. Why be a dick when you don't have to?

I hold licensed hams to a higher standard.Hams are supposed to operate in a manner considerate of other operators, not just other hams, but ANY user of a legitimate radio service. You have a responsibility to yourself and the amateur radio service in general to continually seek to educate yourself on proper, accepted standards of operation and conduct. I don't see why that should change when you go below 28 MHZ. You still should be considerate and try not to interfere with other people's enjoyment of the hobby.
Your points are valid and it is always good to practice standard practices but to come on a forum and belittle one of your own kind when he's obviously no more capable of making the radio in question come in line with accepted standard practices is really badgering him for the sake of your own values.

I would think live and let live is a better way to go here.

Your points are valid and it is always good to practice standard practices but to come on a forum and belittle one of your own kind when he's obviously no more capable of making the radio in question come in line with accepted standard practices is really badgering him for the sake of your own values.

I would think live and let live is a better way to go here.

"I would think live and let live is a better way to go here."

Something you should be looking @ doing my friend!

:rolleyes:

Robb in this picture I notice something I've not seen or noticed on a cb or export radio since the 70's and that is missing the standard removable power cord but has a permanently attached power cord.

5.jpg

Robb in this picture I notice something I've not seen or noticed on a cb or export radio since the 70's and that is missing the standard removable power cord but has a permanently attached power cord.

My older model delta force has the same style cord. It is also a complete piece of crap but I don't think the two are related.

Nah, I talked to them today. They use a display the same as the OmegaForce.

Robb, just to follow up on this. You were right that it is a display. Problem is that I have the new version which is not on the market yet, and that one has the frequency counter. Looking forward to your review when that new model comes out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.