• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum Radios... anygood?

a local here has a 257 and its a great am radio for the money .. on ssb it aint bad eigther but it does drift once n awhile ..

All my Magnums work great.. all have a different swing depending on the tune, but all reports sound same regardless of a slight diff in swing.. :headbang

i have an omegaforce s45 and love it.only thing i want to know,any one know the power mods for it?
The OmegaForce S45 I have - has three ERF 2030's. Unmodified and factory installed output finals scream; as this radio is simply one of the loudest -if not the loudest- radio in the South Bay Area/San Jose CA. ~65 watts PEP...

I don't use a linear, and I didn't know this radio was as bodacious as it is when I first bought it. I know that it was built and pushed to the limit when mfg. The only mod that I would possibly consider - would be to hook up a Texas Star 667V. But I am quite happy with the stock output power - as is. Echo is top drawer, and SSB is nothing short of compliment-catching! Hams on 10m give me unsolicited great reports, as the modulation is highly adjustable and very clear. What's to modify?

i am looking to put the output power on ssb up to spec, it only puts out 25 watts and should be doing 40!!

i am looking to put the output power on ssb up to spec, it only puts out 25 watts and should be doing 40!!

Take it to a relaible tech for proper peak & tune. Probably does more power on 10 meters if you check it there. Radio needs realigning for 11 meters. Great radios. Mine picked up electronic trash from my vehicle and would change channels ect...by itself. But excellent as base. Lot's of features.

Good luck!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.