• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S-6 or Stryker 440 ...Help!!

magnum or stryker

I would have to say that I still have to favor the Magnums for 3 reasons.

# 1.The boards in both are the same. Maybe there are sutle differences, but I haven't heard anyone capable of telling the difference in actual use. After the Stryker is gone through.

#2. The Magnums come racehorsed right out of the box and work well. The Stryker supposedly needs work? (Sent in for factory alignment) Postage if nothing else.

#3. The final transistor used in the Stryker is an obsolete bipolar and if (I say again IF) something ever takes it out, it is going to be an expensive repair.

Politics being what they are, I've seen a lot of people saying the EKL parts are problem prone. However, that isn't my experience. I use them everyday and have no problems, unless I do something I shouldn't. I've used them in dozens of radios ( Rci, Galaxy, Connex, Cobra and Uniden, as well as others). The only consistent problem is with a bad coax or antenna and any radio will eventually have a problem.
marven :roll:

magnum v/s stryker

I suppose I should also say that the customer is the deciding factor.
If you come into my shop and know what you want to get. I will sell it to you. In that respect, I truly don't understand the name calling or "mine is better than yours' syndrome.

I know which radios I prefer, but that isn't the final say on what someone else will like. I haven't been into or heard of a quality shop, that doesn't seem to have the ability to get either brand of radio.

I'm also not hearing people having problems with either one. Unless the wrong person was in the radio first.

marven :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1