• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S-9 question.

hacksaw

Jan 25, 2009
I picked up a decent S-9 today. I wanted to have the extra one as a backup and run off the PS on the Sirio GM. Anyway, it has low out put and the variable power seems to be disabled. The radio does transmit but I'm not showing anything over 5 watts with near zero key on AM. SSB is the same. 5 maybe 7 watts max. Everything else does seem to work properly and the radio doesn't appear to be hacked up and not beat up on the outside. It does not have the 1969s like my other S-9. So I assume it's the MOSFET version? Anyway, where is the BEST place to inquire about a repair/tune/realignment? I love the S-9 and would like to restore this unit to a safe reliable power level. Thanks guys
Shae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a typo. It was supposed to say thanks Shawn.

I picked up a decent S-9 today. I wanted to have the extra one as a backup and run off the PS on the Sirio GM. Anyway, it has low out put and the variable power seems to be disabled. The radio does transmit but I'm not showing anything over 5 watts with near zero key on AM. SSB is the same. 5 maybe 7 watts max. Everything else does seem to work properly and the radio doesn't appear to be hacked up and not beat up on the outside. It does not have the 1969s like my other S-9. So I assume it's the MOSFET version? Anyway, where is the BEST place to inquire about a repair/tune/realignment? I love the S-9 and would like to restore this unit to a safe reliable power level. Thanks guys
Shae

I saw that one on E-Bay, something is smoked for sure.

Yep. It was worth a chance. It's repairable for sure. These S-9s sure sound good when put back to factory specs

Now back to the OP. Who should I contact about getting this S-9 gone through?

Bobs and dtb both want no part in mail order repairs

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.