• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S-9/SSB Receiver Distortion

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
Last edited:

With a Magnum radio I usually wrap it 3x in bubble wrap, put it in a box with foam peanuts, and ship it to The Radio Shop in CA or Bob's CB in PA. :whistle:

these are just guesses here. it could be an AGC problem. you might try to find a block diagram for any of the magnum SSB radios and see if that leads you to the right place.

also check the soldering on FL3, L13, and L14, and other parts in the surrounding area.

there is a VR in there that is an internal RF gain, its VR22, but i dont know if its active on SSB or if its just for am and fm. it could have been set too high.

this is a strange problem,
LC

these are just guesses here. it could be an AGC problem. you might try to find a block diagram for any of the magnum SSB radios and see if that leads you to the right place.

also check the soldering on FL3, L13, and L14, and other parts in the surrounding area.

there is a VR in there that is an internal RF gain, its VR22, but i dont know if its active on SSB or if its just for am and fm. it could have been set too high.

this is a strange problem,
LC

Glad to see your thoughts on this Loosecannon, you always have good straight foreward technical advice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.