• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S45HP

Basher

Apr 20, 2017
Hi everyone
Never used a forum before so bare with me!
I am trying to service a Magnum OmegaForce S45HP, on CB Tricks reading alignment info on radio and to set transmit frequency it says to adjust RV108, but I can't for the life of me find it on PCB.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

WOW I hope your radio is better than the pictures of the one on cbtricks. most of the parts are not even marked on the board. have never worked on one of these but it should be up close to the 10.240 crystal and the PLL. I will look around some more to see if there in some thing out there on this radio

I think it is in the center of the board directly behind the front faceplate hiding behind a clump of wires. That where it is on a Delta Force.

I just looked at the s45hp version and a little better. look at the vr just to the right of the little inclosure filled with wax. there is a VR there that is in the area with the 10.240 crystal. it is marked mostly under the VR so look at it. should be about the area 9C1Driver mentioned.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys!
The VR hinden at the front of PCB is R246 which is variable but it mentions VR108 on Schematic but no sign of it at all, I think the service manual is just a copy of the older radio, but put in to fill the space!.
RV106 is the VR nxt to the 10.240 crystal but that doesn't change frequency.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.